all about that base.

12.12.14

It has been a very lyrical-title week, hasn't it? It's been well-documented on the blog that I'm a base-freak. My foundation collection knows no boundaries, and if it wasn't for the limitation on my bank balance, I'd probably be out to try every foundation out there in hopes I'll find the one. But surprisingly, I've been sticking to the same base routine the past several weeks and it's served me well. 
Between bad eating schedules, pure exhaustion, and the simple fact that the temperatures have dipped down into the 'layering leggings under jeans' region, my skin has been pretty lackluster lately. I was just about to make a dangerous trip to Boots when I rediscovered the Benefit That Gal Brightening Primer (£19.13) in my stash. I'm not going to lie, very rarely do I forget what I own, but this time around, I genuinely forgot about this pink-toned primer. This primer doesn't help much in terms of lasting power, but the pinkness shade does wonders in perking up the sallow complexion. I've already popped this into the makeup bag that contains my everyday products to exercise this to its full potential. 
I'm not going to talk too much about the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (£6.99) as I've pretty much talked your ears off about it. I've also just realized this is the only drugstore foundation I have. This is also the only foundation that's a perfect match and doesn't require shade mixing at the moment (although I have a feeling that it's about to change soon). An absolute brilliant foundation, I usually apply two thin layers of this with a damp sponge to really make it look natural while not compromising on the coverage factor. 
Last year this time, I would've been taking up long minutes to cover up the spots that have emerged in the last weeks of the stressed term. This year, to be frank, I just don't have the darned time. So unless I have an angry red spot the size of the moon smack in the middle of my forehead, I'm finishing the makeup off by pressing the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot (£12) to set everything, particularly focusing on the t-zone. 
Once everything is set, I'm sure that this makeup will ensure that I look less like I'm on the verge of being hospitalised for exhaustion, at least until I come back from class and wash it all off. Also, I'm sadly almost running to the end of my Benefit primer, so recommendations for any brightening primers from the drugstores? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

8 comments