under £10: the perfect flick

9.4.14

The cat eye. The flick. The look that's absolutely gorgeous and can transform a look but is probably one of the most difficult tasks in the world of makeup. How people can get their flicks symmetrical is beyond my comprehension. I had given up on the aspiration of ever achieving the task, and then I found the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim

A felt tip pen that has the blackest finish of all the liquid liners I've swatched in the aisles of Superdrug and Boots, I can literally use the stiff nib to stamp the flick. It has a glossy finish but for those of you that like the matte black finish, I just use a black shadow to stamp over the line. I do advise those of you that are like me and have oily eyelids to do this step as this liner isn't smudge proof after a several hours of wear. You can see me wearing this liner here.

I still struggle with making the perfect flick on the days that I chose to do eyeliner, but it has become less of a task since discovering this product. A couple of tips that I've picked up: use an angled brush with some eyeshadow to stamp out the flick before going in with your liquid/felt tip liner; always keep cotton buds and concealer on hand. If you really struggle with getting both sides even, then try the business card trick - hold up a card to the side of your eye, lining it where you want your flick to be and then just trace along the edge. You could also use tape, but remember to de-stick it on the back of your hand a couple of times before taping it to the eye area. 

What are your tips and tricks to getting the perfect flick? 
post signature

22 comments