the birthday wishlist

25.4.14

It's that time of the year again for me. Almost 365 days has passed since the annual celebration of my birth. I don't know if it's because of my shopping craze in the past couple months or what, but I actually had a bit of a struggle putting together this list. It could also be a sign that I already have more things than I could ever need. But then again, I've always been terrible at present shopping, and that includes present shopping for myself. 


The Beauty Section

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Lightscapade: After hearing both Jaye and Anya rave about this product, it made its way onto my 'to watch' list. I swatched it in stores, wasn't thoroughly impressed; and then I tried it on when I was at Jaye's and the stunning effect was immediate. I just really want this now. 

Clinique All About Shadow Nude Eyeshadow Palette: Once upon a time, I was a girl that didn't buy eyeshadow palettes. Fast forward a good several months and I have too large a number of neutral palettes to justify spending anymore on another one. But just look at the colour selection! Not to mention that the quality of Clinique eyeshadows are pretty brilliant. 

Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Guava or Dusty Pink: Bobbi Brown is my vice and after seeing Britney wear this newest launch and then her review, I've been craving for their launch on this side of the pond ever since. A lip liner and lipstick in one that's supposedly to be comparative to the infamous NARS lip pencils but cheaper and more product? I'm sold. 

theBalm Mary Lou Manizer: I've recently been getting into highlighters and this seems to be the one that everyone loves. It would be wrong if I didn't try this one out, yeah? 



The Non-Beauty Bits and Bobs

Fossil Cecile Multifunction Stainless Steel Watch - Rose: More than a slight extravagant gift to ask for, but I've been lusting after Fossil watches for years. The watch that I'm currently using is still going on strong even after 5 years, but a girl can dream of a new addition to her Fossil collection. Plus, it can continue the tradition with a Fossil birthday gift. (Okay, I confess, the tradition only started last year when my dad bought me my wallet - and only because he was tired of me spending too much time hmm-ing over the price tag and he was starting to get really hungry) 

Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal: I've always had the habit of keeping a journal. I love the concept of this five-year journal where you get to see how you grow and change over the years. Plus, how gorgeous would this journal look on the desk? 

A tattoo: Well, technically, unless I'm friends with a tattoo artist, I'd probably wouldn't be able to get this as a gift. I've been wanting a tattoo for years and now that I've finally got my mind stuck to a shortlist of things I want to be on my body for the rest of my life, I'm just short of funds because I'm as broke as humpty dumpty. Oh and I'll also need someone to hold my hand and walk into that scary tattoo parlour with me. 



It's a small wish list, but scarily quite expensive. It's the watch, blame it on the watch. (I highly doubt it but, Dad, if you see this...) It's scary to think that there are only a couple of days left where I can shamelessly jam along with Taylor Swift's 22 and not feel weird...but then again, other than '22' being on replay for the whole day last year, there wasn't a significant change from 21 to 22... 
post signature

16 comments