April Favourites 2014

27.4.14

[Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation | Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade | Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint | Milani Baked Blush | Clinique Cheek Pop | Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio | L'Oreal False Lash Flutter]

Between traveling, waiting for decisions that would have impact on future plans, and prepping for exam session, I'd have to say April was a pretty good month. I have also fallen in love with a handful of products in the past four weeks.

I never thought I'd fall back in love with a drugstore foundation, as the ones I've tried were either terrible shade matches, broke me out terribly, or were just downright bad. But the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation has been the only foundation I've been reaching for ever since I got it near a month back. I think I'm even preferring it to my NARS Sheer Glow. Shock horror, I know! In short, if you have yet to try this foundation, then go out and get it! Another pick from Rimmel is the Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet, I've tooted the horn for this liquid eyeshadow several too many times on the blog - but in short, it's easy to use, the colour is gorgeous, and the wear time is unreal. Rimmel is definitely upping their game as I was struggling to not choose all Rimmel products for this month's favourite. 

L'Oreal is my go-to brand for mascaras at the moment and one of the newer additions to the brand does not disappoint. The L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara is the first L'Oreal mascara I didn't have a love/hate relationship with. The formula is not too wet upon first use, but it doesn't dry out that quick either. I've had mine open for two months now and it's still going strong, even if I do use it everyday. My favourite thing about the mascara is the comb-like wand that is slightly angled so not only does it comb the product through your lashes without clumping, it also fans out the lashes to give that wide-eyed flutter look that'll make you want to bat your lashes at everyone that comes around. 

The Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade was in my January Favourites earlier this year, but four months later, it's still one of the gems in my vast makeup collection. I don't think I've used anything other than this on my eyebrows for the past couple of months...Basically power-brows in a pot that stays put until you reach for the makeup remover, this easy to use product is my miracle worker. 

Just look at that Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop, look at how gorgeous it is! Most possibly one of the prettiest blushes I own, this hybrid of cream-powder blushes is amazing to look at and to wear. I haven't been able to put this down for the better half of the month and this is the product that had traveled with me to Continental Europe and was ooh-ed and ahh-ed over by the girls. 

The last two products are probably the most exciting and a bit of cheating. I've only had these in my collection for a little over a week, but my oh my, I've ditched all other products and have only been reaching for these. The Wet 'n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Sweet As Candy is a new found love. The cream and brown shade is perfect to create that 30-second natural look while the pinky-purple shade adds a bit of colour while staying quite neutral. Perfection. Last, oh my, just look at that beaut. The infamous Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. I have another Milani blush in my collection, and know that the quality is top notch, but Luminoso, wow. The pigmentation is insane as I ended up with a very peachy cheek the first time I tried this out. It has a gorgeous sheen to it that catches the light and acts as a highlighter for those lazy days when you want to skip a step. It's not at all glittery and well, if you live in North America and can get these top quality blushes for the price of a quick meal, I'm jealous. Oh Vanessa, even though I say I hate you for gloating that you're done with exams in my face, but I love you. For those of you that want a peek of what else Vanessa sent me, well, tune in next week! 

All in all, other than leaving me sadly broke, April has been a good month to me. What have you fell in love with in the past 30 days? 
post signature

29 comments