the travel makeup bag

7.4.14

When this post goes up, I'll most likely be in the forests of Belgium trying to make friends with a deer or a bunny. You know, pretending to be Snow White. Not my favourite disney princess, but I don't think Ariel would have been able to survive in the forest. While I'm planning on spending a lot of time coaxing that squirrel out of its hiding place, I'm sure there will be times when I need to look presentable when I roam the village I'll be staying in. 

As a base freak, of course I couldn't just have one foundation. I need options. I've been testing the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat for a while and I'm really loving it. Plus, it comes in this tiny sample size that takes up virtually no space. For my second option, I've been falling back in love with the NARS Sheer Glow. I cleaned up a small sample jar and pumped in a week's worth of base products. You know, just in case I feel like this all week. For concealer, I always have the Bobbi Brown Corrector in my makeup bag. Mostly because I tend to forget to take it out, but it's always good to have on hand as I tend to get really dark circles when I'm on vacation. Surprisingly, I only brought one concealer with me this time. The Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eraser Concealer has made way back into my daily routine, and as my skin has calmed down quite a bit lately, this will be able to cover up what the foundation can't. I don't think the bunnies will mind if I have a couple of blemish scars showing anyway. To finish things off, and to have a mirror handy, the Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact can definitely not be forgotten. Otherwise, could you imagine the horror of trying to do a full face with the petite Bobbi Brown Corrector mirror? 

I could opt for a eyebrow pencil and save the space of an extra brush, but I just couldn't leave the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade behind. 30 seconds from 'meh' to 'fabulous', I haven't been able to stop using this product to add some eyebrow structure. For the eyes, I still like my options. The NARS Pro Prime is a must for any look, unless I'm just going mascara. But knowing me, I'll still probably opt for eyeshadow. Just in case I feel like a 5-second liquid look, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet is my fall back option. Otherwise, my new obsession with the MUA Undressed Me Too is following me to Belgium. The packaging is sturdy and it's only £4, so if I lose it, at least I won't be losing too much sleep over it. The only thing that would've made it better is if it came with a huge mirror. I'm just sayin. Of course I had to bring the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Bronze and Nude (not pictured), are you even surprised? For lashes, the obsession with L'Oreal continues with the L'Oreal False Lash Flutter to complete the eye look. 

I had a hard time pondering over which blush to bring. I didn't want to bring this pretty little flower, but the Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop has been the only cheek colour I've been wearing since getting it a couple weeks back. I'm keeping a close eye on this, it shall not linger in Belgium! My obsession with Topshop Glow cream highlight continues, and well, it's just cute to keep in the makeup bag. 

I've been pretty good at skimming down the lip colours for this 4 day trip. Both shouldn't be too much of a surprise as I've basically been shouting out my love for them left and right for weeks. The Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Rosy and the Urban Decay Revolutionary Lipstick in Fiend should be able to not only cover a stroll in the village, a drink at the pub, and also dancing in the woods with bird friends. 

Yes, I did bring brushes. They were just in their post-wash damp stage when the photo was taken. But just for you curious peeps, the final cut was the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Sephora Mineral Powder Brush, Bobbi Brown Brow Brush, MAC 217, Sigma E30, Ecotools Blush Brush, and Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers. I know, I know, quite a collection, but if it fits...

What do you keep in your travel makeup bag? 
post signature

27 comments