[the review] Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes

4.4.14

Ah, Tarte, the brand that is no longer unobtainable to the UK market and I won't feel so bad for singing its praises. I have a small collection of products from the brand but my most reached for and probably the prettiest things I have in the whole of my makeup collection has got to be the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush



I don't think I can sing any higher praises for the packaging of these blushes: sleek, compact, extremely sturdy, and reflecting the actual color of the product inside. Not to mention the brand's signature vine design on the lid of these blushes, and the fact that they can be stacked to form a tower. How cool is that? 
[left to right: dollface, tipsy, exposed]
I have three of these beauts: Dollface, a blue toned pink; Tipsy, a strong, orange coral; and the newest in the bunch, Exposed, a nudey pink. These blushes are extremely pigmented, the swatches above are just a light swatch. I was quite surprised when I first swatched these blushes, I thought they would be soft and buttery, but they're far from that. They were hard, like, compact hard. One would think that it would have a chalky texture because it was so hard, or that the pigmentation would be terrible. But no, don't make the mistake that I did and jam my brush into the pan. You'll have a nightmare trying to blend out the clown cheeks you get from the rookie mistake of putting on enough blush to use on 12 people. Maybe because of the texture, you only need the slightest amount and these blushes will last you forever. I've had dollface and tipsy for well over a year, they've been more than well loved, and you can barely see wear in the engraving. 
The wear-time of these blushes is as the name suggests. I have worn them for over 12 hours in the hot, humid, Taiwanese summers and even if my eye makeup smeared, my foundation started to get patchy, the blush still held its ground like a proud guard dog.  
Probably the most loved blushes in my collection, the tarte amazonian clay 12-hour blushes are definitely worth checking out (and buying!). If you don't already know, QVC has a limited line, but if you want the whole shebang and for a fairer price, then Sephora now ships to the UK (woot!). Have you tried the infamous tarte blushes? What are your favorite colors? 
post signature

28 comments