[The Newbies] she shopped and the bank account cried

28.2.14

It's never good for a girl, namely me, to be let loose on Oxford Street with a debit card begging to be used. And it's definitely not going to help the situation when the girl has a friend in tow that is another beauty freak and gently giving you the last push. That whole scenario happened last weekend when Anya made her way down to London and we decided to hit the shops. 


Selfridges was our first stop, and surprisingly, after oohing and ahhing over every other product, I left with this adorable Catseye London Tabby Cat Small Washbag. I'm not a person that carries around makeup when I go out so I never thought to pick up a makeup bag. But this was just too cute to pass up, and there was the slight nudge from Anya to pick up matching bags (she has an adorable pug one). Racking up some Boots points was definitely a necessary, hitting the drugstore aisles I finally ticked the Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder and the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer off my 'to buy' list. I also needed a backup of my beloved Dove Style + Care Dry Shampoo as I was running low and just couldn't imagine waking up one morning to find that I don't have a quick spray of grease-relieving product on hand.  We made a second stop to Boots after popping into a couple other stores, because of course we couldn't make up our mind the first time. This time around, I remembered that I wanted to swatch the infamous Clinique Black Honey Eyeshadow. Anya and I walked away with the last two in stock after a quick swatch. 

With the Bobbi Brown blush in Apricot out of stock at John Lewis, I only left with the Bobbi Brown Sheer Lipstick in Rosy. But of course, I couldn't leave that store without adding several products onto the ever growing wishlist. *cough* Bobbi Brown Passion Fruit, Burberry Blush lipstick, I'm glaring at you *cough* I also popped into Forever 21 and picked up several fashion pieces that proved to be handy later on in the day when my wool scarf was too hot for the sunny weather. I also picked up my new spring boots that I'm still getting blisters from breaking in. 

Even after spending a good chunk of my bank balance, I still couldn't stop the itch when I popped into Superdrug a couple days later. A Jaye-influenced buy, I picked up Lipcote in hopes that it will help with my paranoia of not drinking enough water when I'm wearing lipstick. I also threw the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray into the basket, hoping that I'll put an end to the fabric-imprints on the nails whenever I paint them before I go to bed. Relating to nails, I also needed a new nail polish remover and got the Cutex Acetone Free Remover to prevent my nails from peeling from the overuse of acetone. Not pictured in the photo above but another guilty and most probably unnecessary purchase were the new Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and the Maybelline Expert Wear Mono Eyeshadow in Iced Fudge

I'm going back on a spending ban...I really can't afford to spend this much on makeup for the time being. And quite honestly, I don't need any more. But that being said, I'm still making that stop to another Bobbi Brown counter this week in hopes to get my fingers on that darn Apricot blush...Then I promise to stop shopping. 

Have you been making any guilty purchases lately? 
post signature

24 comments