The Go-To Face

5.2.14

There are those days when you just can't be bothered. You know what I mean, right? The days when I wake up in haze, have zilch motivation, and still have to look composed to reluctantly tackle the day. During these days, the uniform is jeans and a jumper; the makeup is harder to determine as I have so many options on hand. But thankfully, a few too many of these groggy days and I have myself a handful of products that are my go-to. 
Depending on the state of my skin, I have a couple of options that I can reach for after having a quick glance in the mirror. I did a post of my go-to bases that you can read about here. But almost always, it's followed up with the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint to hide the blemish and spots paired with Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer to cover up the dark evidence of a sleepless night. Normally, this leaves my face pretty flat and color-less, so a tap into the NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal and I'm looking a bit more flushed and a little less walking dead. 
Brows have become essential for me. I started off my brow journey with powder, and after venturing into pencils, pomades, gels, I still find that powder is the quickest 123 for me. MAC Mystery is definitely no stranger to those of you that have been reading the blog for a while as it's the MAC shadow that keeps making its appearance. Most days, I need a bit of shadow on the eyes. MAC Satin Taupe has been loved most recently, but I did a whole post on the one-wash wonder shadows a while back that you can read here. A clamp of the eyelash curlers with a generous coating of the L'Oreal Telescopic - my HG mascara, just in case you were wondering. On these days I don't have the mood to to the whole 'scrub and apply' prep before choosing a lipstick. Also the thought of having to constantly check after a sip of water, a bite of food to see if there's a horrid ring of color has me wary of applying color on the lips when I can barely find motivation to tackle the day. So to keep the lips in good condition, a generous layer of the NUXE Reve de Miel is a must. 
  With that done, it's a generous cup of tea before letting out a sigh and going onto tackle another day. Do you have a go-to face on the days when you can't be bothered? 

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments