[The Face] Cranberry and Honey #7

19.2.14

 Such a food title. I've been playing with colors more in the past months, starting with baby steps from neutral purples to brighter greens, before finally elevating to incorporating MAC Cranberry into a wearable daytime look. This was also the look that I wore to Hadley Fraser's gig on Sunday, I was originally planning on making a chit chat Get Ready With Me video, but alas, I was feeling sick and well, when talking about Hadley, I wasn't sure if I could concentrate on putting on my makeup. So here's the text breakdown for you guys. 
As I was sick, dosed up on medication, and looking sallow, I desperately needed to perk up my skin so a thin layer of Benefit That Gal Brightening Primer was warranted under a layer of Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. As I've been feeling particularly dalmatian-like with the spots lately, Lisa Eldridge's pin-point concealing was done with the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer. As for the under eye area, my dark circles always get really bad when I'm sick, so of course, my favorite Bobbi Brown Corrector was applied with fingers before blending out the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer with a pointed brush. I used a small fluffy brush to set the dotted concealer and under eye area with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder while leaving the other parts of the face powder-free.  
The Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade is the only thing I've been reaching for these days to get that natural, stay all day brow and Sunday was no exception. I knew I wanted to play up the eyes that day, and finally decided to bust out the gold and cranberry combination with MAC Woodwinked and MAC Cranberry. Of course, a thin layer of NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base was used as a base to endure that I wouldn't be drowning in eyeshadow at the end of the show. To give it a nice bronze sheen, I then used a bit of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze before adding some The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the crease to act as a transition color. And then I applied Cranberry in the center of the lid and Woodwinked at the inner and outer corners. Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude was applied to the waterline and blended out in the inner corner to brighten up the area. A curl of the lashes and two coatings of L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara and the eyes were done. 
To finish off, The Body Shop Honey Bronzer was paired with NYX Powder Blush in Dusty Rose to add some warmth and color back into the face. Last but not least, MAC Speak Louder, a gorgeous blue-toned pink, was applied to the lips to tie everything together. 
Sunday night was an absolute blast, everything was perfect, I won't go into much detail here but wait for the weekend update! In the meantime, I'm back to fighting this horrid cold. Any remedies for sore throats and congested noses would be much appreciated. 

13 comments