some useful websites to bookmark

25.2.14

The problem with having ready access to the internet is that it's near impossible to keep up with the information boom. For example, you're in uni and a fellow classmate suddenly pulls out a claim that you've never read about, even if you've scoured through dozens of readings to write up an essay. The same applies to beauty-related websites, there's just, quite frankly, too much. But after years of plowing through the good, the bad, and the absolute waste of time, I've collected several websites that are bookmark worthy and will help you save a lot of time. 
Now, I'm pretty sure everyone goes to Temptalia for swatch photos and reviews, but one of my favorite features of the site is the Foundation Matrix. This particularly comes in handy when you're thinking of buying a new foundation, but just don't trust yourself or the department store lighting to get the right shade. You can choose from either matching yourself up to other brands with a foundation that you already own, or you can choose to start from scratch and go through a series of questions to determine your shade. 

Another site that has a similar concept to the Foundation Matrix is findation.com. The name itself is quite clever, in my opinion, find+foundation, geddit? (I know, I'm such a dork) Falling short of the Foundation Matrix, you can only find your foundation shade in relation to the shades that you're already sure of. So for those of you that are still struggling to find your perfect shade, or for first time base buyers, this site might not be the best option. 

My Beauty Compare is the newest website in the list as it didn't pop onto my radar until the lovely people over there contacted me a couple months ago. I've played around with it for a couple weeks now and it's very tailored to the individual needs as you're completing an extensive questionnaire upon joining. Products are recommended to you according to your needs and best of all? It's a one stop shop as you can purchase the product online! I've personally yet to buy anything through the website, but it's great fun to branch out into products recommended to you that I would not otherwise glance at. Although the Clinique Airbrush Concealer has been on the want list for quite a while now....

Last but definitely not least, Makeup Alley has always been my go-to for product reviews. As much as I love reading blog reviews, I still like to pop over to this site to check out feedback from people with the same skin type, same undertone, same age group. It's definitely a makeup review forum that has a broad audience/contributor base with products ranging from the newest to the discontinued; from high end to drugstore; from popular brands to the newer ones - chances are you'll definitely find what you're looking for.  

14 comments