Let's Get Nude

14.2.14

 I knew that title would suck some of you pervy minds in...(it's okay, I'm not judging)  Anyway, we are not going to talk about the frick fracks. That's for another blog on another site written by another blogger. Definitely not me. *cough* I think I should stop digging a hole that'll later collapse in on itself with me at the bottom. This is probably as close to a valentine's theme that subgenre will get, and I'm going hard core to the sexy times. Happy St.Valentines? 
Today we're talking about the nude kick I've been in recently. It all started after watching old music videos of Hilary Duff and I was lusting after the nude lip she was rocking. I dug out the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 03 that I've had for months but barely touched. It's a really pretty pinky, slightly brown nude shade that was suitable for an everyday look. It was simple, it was natural, it was not Hilary Duff. So a lot of googling later, I decided a peachy nude was probably the way to go. Before busting out the cash for the much loved MAC Hue, I decided to swatch the drugstores and left with Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight. This one, still a nude, was slightly more peachy and lighter than what I was used to. I wore this paired with the Kate Moss lipstick to create that nude shade that was slightly peach, slightly brown, slightly pink, and more Daphne. 
The Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed has been my go-to blush ever since I had it in my possession a couple weeks ago. It's that perfect muted, natural, nude pink. Nude shades are terribly hard to find in my opinion, they're different on everyone and a slight undertone wrong, or a shade too light and you'll look like you had baby powder scattered on you. But I have a gut feeling that Exposed is one of those nude shades that'll look good on a wide range of skintones. 
The last nude that I've been loving is Rimmel 60 Second Nail Polish in Caramel Cupcake. I actually put this down three to four times in stores before I decided to just buy it. At first, I was slightly worried that Caramel Cupcake would be too dark, but as you can see in the photo above, my hands look ridiculously chic. Like all the Rimmel 60 Second Nail Polishes, the formula is great and the wear time for this is incredible. It's the only polish I've been wearing for the past 2 weeks and I have a feeling its going to be the polish that I'm going to be wearing for the next two weeks. 
Have you ever been in a nude-phase? (Reminder: let's keep this work friendly, peeps)

22 comments