A Base For Every Occasion

3.2.14

[Jouer Matte Moisture Tint | NARS Sheer Glow | Vichy Dermablemd 
Considering I only have one face, I have way too many foundations. I don't need anymore bases of any sort, but I just can't stop myself from buying more? I have a problem. There, I said it. Admitting is the first step right? Confession time aside, for those days when I don't want to spend 5 minutes alone picking which base offering I'm in the mood for, I've already established several go-to bases, depending on the state of my skin.
The good skinday
Rarely do those days come by, but the times that they do, the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is definitely my go to. Containing SPF15, this almost-mousse like texture lies somewhere between the coverage of a light foundation and a tinted moisturizer. Don't be scared by the 'matte' in the title, or those of you that are looking for a true matte finish, I should probably warn you before you charge it to the bank balance, this is definitely not matte matte. It's a slightly satin finish that somehow looks like 'real skin'. It does not stick in those smile lines, it wears beautifully, and the tube packaging is very travel-friendly. Definitely one of my favorite bases in my stash.
The Dull Skin Day
Again, another product that I should probably give out a warning due to its name. The cult-loved NARS Sheer Glow is definitely not glowy, nor is it 'sheer' in terms of coverage. Sure, it's a light foundation that wears beautifully throughout the day, but the pigmentation is good enough to mute the pesky scarring. The 'glow' is enough to perk up a dull skin day, but not enough to have those of you with oily skin to waver away. One thing I will say about this though, is that it does have a tendency to cling to dry patches, so remember to moisturize! 
The spots and scars kinda day
As someone that's acne-prone, I deal with trying to cover up those wretched scarring almost on a daily basis. Of course, skincare is the root cure to the angry spots, but before that takes effect, I need a quick cover up on the days when godzilla decides to overtake the blemishes. A long time favorite, the Laura Mercier Silk Creme is no surprise to those of you that have been following the blog for a while. It's a super thick foundation, but with a tiny amount and a good buff, it can be sheered out on the areas where you don't need that much coverage and buildable on the areas you need to hide. The skin-like finish and the remarkable lasting power makes this my go-to foundation year-round.
The newest addition to my base collection and is quickly making its way to the top is the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation. It was last featured in my January Favorites (read here) and for a good reason, too. After seeing Lisa Eldridge use the stick version of this in her acne-foundation video (here), I knew I had to look into this. I was swatching this and Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation in the aisles of Boots, and this surprisingly, had better coverage! It's a very liquid consistency that blends like a dream. The pigmentation of this is dreamy, I only use a tiny bit and I'm able to cover the numerous red scarring on my face. I wouldn't use this on its own as a base, but either using it as a concealer or mixing it with a sheerer foundation, the pigmentation of this foundation still camouflages all that you want gone.

I'm a base-hoarder. Sure, I have my go-to bases all figured out, but there's something severely wrong with me as I just can't stop looking for more foundations. Someone stop me??? 
Have you tried any of these foundations? Do you have several go-to bases depending on how your skin is that day? 

Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments