[The Review] Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine

11.11.13

You know that tousled, I just rolled out of bed looking this fantastic look? Back in the old days, I was convinced that not brushing my hair in the morning would result in that look. Little did I know, I was closer to looking like a bird's nest than that chic undone 'do. My hair was always on the coarse side, I never thought that I could ever have ridiculously soft hair. but after chopping off near 20 cm a couple months back (read about it here) and getting my nubby fingers on my current hair loves (here), my hair has elevated to a whole new state that actually requires a styling product to have it hold. Trust me when I say this was never required before. So enter Bumble and Bumble Billiantine
I've been lusting after Bumble and bumble products for quite a while now, but after doing my research, I've started to realize that famous Surf Spray? Probably might not work on me. So after clawing through blogs, I finally decided on getting the Bumble and Bumble Billiantine. I'm not going to lie, I was intrigued as to how Bb. described this product, it was the main reason that had me adding this to my shopping cart. Bb. Brilliantine is unique and hard to define. It gives hair polish and a sort of languid, slept-in, sexy look. Well, if that's not the dream, what is? Bb. themselves said it, it's hard to define. If they can't do it, how can I? I'll give you something better than my nonsense rambling that'll leave you scratching your head in confusion. I'll give you before and after photos. Between A) wanting to flaunt my new favorite polish combination (which you can find about here), and B) taking this photo only minutes after rolling out of bed, allow me to cover up my face.
Okay, I did comb through the ball of messy fur with my Tangle Teezer before, but it's basically untouched. It's not horrible, if I was to be honest, but still slightly messy (and not in a chic way), slightly frizzy, and slightly all over the place. It looked worse in person. I could go out like this, but why settle for less when you can do better? 
Using only the tiniest amount (I used 2/3 of a pea-size dollop), I rubbed it between my fingers before evenly running them through my hair.  I knew there was a difference between the before and the after, but I didn't know exactly how much an impact the slight difference was until I was editing these photos. The after looks like I actually spent a considerable amount of time on my hair. Less frizz, less flyaways, more shine come together to create an overall more structured look while still having that slightly undone look. I think I'm in love. I've been regularly using this everyday for the past month or so and I'm completely heads over heels. It might seem like a pricy investment, but a little goes a long way. I can see this tube lasting me ages! 
Here's another photo because just look at how shiny the hair is! I can't get over the fact that my hair can actually look healthy and shiny! 
Have you tried any Bb. products? What should be on my wishlist next? 

Ppst! Look Fantastic is currently having a festive sale for 15% off over all orders over £45! You can  get the Bumble and Bumble range here

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments