Let's Talk Brows

22.11.13

Eyebrows. I never understood the whole "they frame your face" idea over brows, I mean as long as I don't have an unibrow, what difference could it possibly make? And then I went through blogs and had a couple (figurative) clobberings by makeup artists before I finally started to learn my lesson. 
[Bobbi Brown Brow Brush | MAC Mystery | Top Shop Brow Pencil | Spoolie]
I've had my brows plucked, threaded, waxed, and tweezed. But no matter what I did, I always asked the person that was doing it to follow my natural shape and keep it as bold as possible. When everyone was sporting the 'thinner than thread' brows, sure, I looked like I wasn't on fashion. But with the rise of the Cara brows, I'm riding the waves like it's no one's business. 
I don't get my brows done on a normal basis. Most of the time I just spend too much time squinting in the mirror, trying to pluck the stray hairs, and completely ignoring that I should be writing up a summary. My brows are pretty dark and thick, but they're short and have an awkward gap in them. Plus I like a really defined brow. To achieve that look and to create an arch, I like to use the Top Shop Brow Pencil. The color is spot on for me, and the texture of the pencil isn't overly soft. The best thing is that there's a really good spoolie on the other end of the pencil, so it's basically a two in one product. To create a more softer look, and in my opinion, a faster way to fill in the eyebrows is to use powder. Of course you could use a brow powder, but I opted for an eyeshadow (or more specifically MAC Mystery) and an angled brush. I've used both a softer brush and a stiffer brush, and my weapon of choice is the Bobbi Brown Brow Brush. The stuff boar bristles makes it easier to have more precision and even distribution of the powder, when compared to using a softer brush. 
Some people like to use a clear brow gel to seal everything in, but I find that with pencil and powder, a brow gel isn't needed. Plus, there are some brow gels that set the brows stiffly, which I'm just not a fan of. 
Eyebrows are definitely the key to adding structure to your whole look. Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself! What are your favorite products to create the perfect brow? 

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments