[The Review] Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque

20.11.13

Here it is guys. You guys have been asking me for a review of this since I first premiered this on the blog a couple months(!) back (see the haul here). I have to admit, I kept putting it off because it's a skincare product and I just don't feel like I'm familiar with skincare in any way. But I absolutely LOVE this product and just had to try and share my love with you guys. Plus, you guys kept reminding me that I was due of a review....
The Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque has been hyped up in the blogging world by big names like VDM and Lily Pebbles, it's also a favorite of one of my favorite blogs written by Lillian. I've been eyeing up this product for months and knew that it would be one of the first products I bought when I came to London. Sure enough, a week after I arrived, this little gem was already in my possession after a trip to Covent Garden. 
Now with that little story out of the way, let's go back to the product itself. I love the tube packaging as you don't have to dig your hand in the product. Also the aluminum(?) packaging gives it a more expensive touch to it when compared to a normal plastic packaging. I was quite surprised at the texture when I first used it. It's a clay mask, but it's a lot thinner than others I've tried. Upon first application to the skin, it's almost clear and watery, but it dries to the familiar clay cast feeling that's very cooling and soothing. I tend to hide away in my room and refuse to answer the door during the 20-30 minutes. What I find slightly horrifying is the fact that it absolutely highlights the problem areas in my skin when it dries. Meaning that all my pores are screaming huge around my nose area. Welp.
I wash the mask away with a hot muslin cloth and instantly, I feel like my skin is clearer and it reflects in the mirror. The areas where my skin is good looks even better and glowing, the redness that are pretty constant in the cheeks dim down to a faint pink, and the angry red blemishes are barely pink. It gets even better after a night's sleep. The places where there was clear evidence of a soon-to-be blemish hazard has now reduced to a baby blemish that will disappear in a couple days. I also find that since using this clay mask, my skin has been more balanced. I don't know if I can chalk it up to the benefit of the mask alone or the change of my whole skincare routine (which you can read about here), but I'm sure the Parsley Seed Masque played some part. The best thing? Although a deep cleansing clay mask, this does not dry out the skin a single bit. 
Depending on the state of my skin, I use this at least once a week. When my skin is acting up (like now), I'll use it 2-3 times a week and sometimes just using it as a spot treatment. At £27 for 60ml, it's not the cheapest product. But I've had and used it regularly near 2 months now, and I've barely gone through a quarter of the tube. I can't see me finishing this up any time soon, but it's an investment I'd happily make again. 


Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments