[The Newbies] It was all because of a lip balm!

18.11.13

My lip balm collection has grown drastically from none to a handful. And yet. I still manage to be outside, find my lips ridiculously chapped, but somehow manage to not even have a single lip balm on me. It's happened multiple times already and it happened today. Normally I'd just wait it out, but I needed a study break from the library before my next class and there was a Superdrug around the corner. Oops. 

It's already like a second instinct to make a straight beeline to the cosmetics stands whenever I'm in the close proximity of one. They're just so shiny! I've been dusting off my eyeliners lately as the temperature starts dropping and after hearing so many great reviews about the Maybelline Master Drama Kohl liner, I knew I had to add this gorgeous deep purple into my collection to add that little bit of color. Plus, purple and brown eyes go amazingly well together. 
I've been running a bit low on my under eye concealer and rather than immediately picking up the long-lusted-after NARS Creamy Concealer, I decided to give the drugstore another chance and picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Classic Beige. There were half a dozen tubes there, but it seemed like they were all opened before. I mean, aren't there testers? Why are people opening the new ones? Thankfully, I managed to find one in the very very back that seemed to be untouched. We'll see how this one works, otherwise I'm still tempted to splurge out on that highly-raved-about concealer. It is coming near Christmas...
As all cosmetics were 3 for 2, not able to turn down a concealer, I was initially going to go for the Bourjois Happy Light Concealer but as it was sadly, out of stock, I was back to kneeling in front of every stand before deciding that the Maybelline Eyestudio Mono in Silken Taupe. I've been into wearing a lot of cooler toned eyeshadows lately and Maybelline eyeshadows have never let me down in the past so why not close the deal there? Oh wait. The lip balm. The reason that this haul ever happened. As most of the lip balms were on a 2 for £5.50 or whatever sale and I only needed one, I opted for the classic Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm which was also on sale. I've never actually tried anything from Nivea before today so I'm looking forward to seeing how I get along with this hype! 
For all the students out there, remember that Superdrug gives a 10% student discount across the board if you have a NUS card. Even items already on sale offer. Which means, drum roll please. I didn't have to pay full price on any of the purchases today! It's a love affair. 
Have you been drugstore shopping lately? What are your finds? 

PS. If you're following me on twitter, I changed my username to Daph_TZ. It's a long story. 

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments