October Favorites 2013

1.11.13

I have to say, October was good to me. Blogwise, I've been managing to update a couple times a week. School-wise, I'm slightly falling behind on the piles of reading that's slowly piling up on the side of my desk. And lifewise, one word. Amazing. I've been having weekly The London Update posts that you can check out here if you want to have a nosey into my life.
This month I only have a little favorite collection as I've been switching and swatching up a few products the past month. I only wanted to include the products that I've been reaching for almost daily. First off, the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask. I know, I know, I still owe you guys a review on this. I'm coming around to typing it up, I promise. I just get really nervous when I have to type up anything skincare related as I feel like I'm in no way an expert in that ballpark (which you can get a gist of here). Basically, it's a deep cleansing mask that manages to soothe every angry breakout I have whist not drying out my skin. I promise the review for this will be more coherent. (On a side note, someone please keep nagging me for the review on this mask if I don't get it up within the next couple weeks??) Moving away from skincare and onto makeup. I've been falling completely head over heels over the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. After already acquiring the NARS Sheer Glow, I wanted a foundation that I could easily use in the morning when my hand-eye coordination isn't as it's best. Coming with a pump and ridiculously easy to blend in, the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation is on par with the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in terms of fabulous-ness. (Is that even a word?) In fact, I think I've been reaching for this one more than I have the NARS one, as it's just less fuss when it comes with a pump. On a somewhat related side note- What is it with foundations that don't come with pumps? I mean, really, they can't be that much more expensive to add on, why won't the manufactures just stick a pump onto the bottle. Wouldn't it be more appealing? I mean, I've backed away from buying high-end foundations because they didn't come with a pump. (I'm looking at you, Estee Lauder) -End rant. 
After hearing so much about Sleek blushes and realizing that they were actually manufactured in Taiwan, I knew I had to get my stubby little hands on them. I've been reaching for Sleek Pomegranate over all my other blushes the past month. The deep berry shade looks slighting daunting in the pan and it is truly pigmented. So be sure to use a fluffy brush, a light hand, and a small amount. Unless you're aiming for the "my cheeks are so frostbitten, I think I'm going to be the female!Santa," then be my guest and pile it on. I've been getting into the habit of carrying around at least one lip balm whenever I go out. I've bought a couple of the Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balms when they were on sale at Superdrug weeks back. They're quite thick but immediately sinks into your lips. And the fact that they come in a tube means I don't have to stick my fingers into them, always a plus for on-the-go products. 
My lip product love affair is no where coming to an end, and while I've been switching between several colors the past 31 days, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 423 Pink Velvet is the one that I keep going back to. The formula in this line is just utterly divine and this strong blue-toned pink is so easy to wear. You can see it in action here. Last, but not least, my favorite hair product of the month. I dedicated half a post to the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil here. But in case you don't want to go through reading the post (which really isn't that long compared to this one), in short, this is one of the miracle product that has resulted in ridiculously soft hair that I can use as a pillow with it feeling scratchy. 
So that's it, these are the products that I've been reaching for the past month. What have been your favorites? 
Another note, what do you guys feel about a new youtube channel from me? 

Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments