Currently Loving #3

29.11.13

I don't know about you guys, but whenever it's that time of the month, I'm always too tired to put much effort into my makeup. Hence, last week has been more about skincare more than anything. Never thought I'd say that. 
[Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil | Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick | Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright]
I've always been quite wry about using oils on my face. For some reason, when people talked about facial oils, I've always had the mental picture of someone dunking their head in a basin of olive oil. Shudders. But with the harsh wind already arriving, my cheeks have been suffering too much from flakiness. I needed to put an end to it and waltzed out of Debenhams with the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil. I've been using this a couple weeks now and long gone were the days of flaky, dull looking skin. My old blemish scarring has also faded fairly quickly. I'm writing this up to the combination of the Facial Oil and Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright. I use the facial oil a couple times a week at night, and the Pepta-Bright during the day. Together, it's like my skin remembers how to be clear again. The only complaint I would have about the Pepta-Bright is that it's slightly funky smelling.
Makeup wise, things have been kept fairly simple. I've been getting more and more into subtle lip colors. The only nude color that I've been wearing recently (and perhaps because it's the only nude-ish lip color I own) is the Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate in 03. Since moving to London, I've started discovering the amazing formulas of lipsticks that's available in the drugstores, and my urge for buying al the MAC lipsticks has been put aside for the moment being. And of all the drugstore lip formulas, Rimmel has probably perfected it. And this peachy-pink-brownish nude is the perfect balance of the three shades to create that what do you mean I'm wearing lipstick undone-done makeup look. Am I even making sense? Let's paint a picture: simple mascara, maybe a slight catflick, the chic undone hair do and this lipstick to finish things, and you have a laid-back natural beauty thing going on right there. That's it. That's the look I'm going for tomorrow. 

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments