The Sunday Face

13.10.13

I woke up this morning at 8:00, half cursing my brain why won't it let me sleep longer and half groaning in a mixture of relief and agony as I looked out the window. The shopping plans that I had planned out in my head before falling asleep last night was definitely not going to happen. Not with the gloomy rainy chill happening outside and definitely not the stack of unread papers I had to finish before class tomorrow. So I rolled out of bed, had some breakfast, chatted with my flatmates for a while before dragging myself back in front of my desk. 
Now, I knew that I wasn't going to go out for the day, but A) I like to use my morning makeup routine to pull myself together, and B) my Swiss flatmate is making fondue tonight and we're having people over so I figured looking presentable was warranted. I started off with a thin layer of the Origins Smarty Plants CC SPF 20 to even out my complexion and bring some radiance to it. Because this is such a sheer base, I covered my dark circles and spots with my trusted Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (I know, the packaging looks disgusting). Ever since I started doing my eyebrows, things just don't look complete without filling them in. Using a spoolie to comb them through, I filled in my brows with MAC Mythical. Whenever I use concealer under my eyes, I always need to add a little bit of something to my lower lash line, so I dragged some of MAC Mythical along the lower lash line to add a bit of definition. A quick curl of the lashes and applying a couple several coats of the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara completed the look. Oh wait, the lips should definitely not be neglected in this dry weather so a generous coating of Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm in Lime Twist finished the quick simple routine. And now to continue tacking the readings before we feast tonight! 


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments