[The Newbies] Space NK Haul

10.10.13

C'mon, guys, you knew this was eventually going to happen. It's not like I was seeking out a Space NK, but I stumbled upon one en route to school so it would just be rude to not pop in over the weekend. The stuff in there is glorious and the sales people are really professional and know what they're talking about. It was really a pleasure to talk to them and get more advice on how to take care of my skin. I might be having a skincare post up some time soon. I know, shocking! So stay tuned for that!
Enough with my usual beginning ramble, we move on to the trade of the money I used to have. I love how simple their paper bags are, and it's so sturdy. I guess they realize that people aren't able to just walk out with one product when they pop into Space NK. 
I went into Space NK with a clear goal - to get the Nuxe Reve de Miel and NARS Sheer Glow. I was introduced to the former by a friend over the summer, and while I really loved the way it felt, I didn't think that it was warranted in the Taiwan humidity as I didn't really suffer from cracked lips. However, moving to London, I've quickly realized that the Rose Salve I love wasn't moisturizing enough to apply during the night. So in order to not copy the mechanism I did for shampoo and buy half a dozen lip balms, I targeted one that I knew would work and be enough. 
I've raved about my love for my NARS Sheer Glow sample a while back in this post here, and I was indeed truly devastated when I was digging out the last of the sample. Because of the luggage limit, I had only brought the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation with me as it didn't have a bulky glass packaging. I knew that as much as I love that one, it wouldn't be practical as an everyday foundation. So instead of buying the Bourjois Radiance Revealed Healthy Mix, I opted to spend a bit more and buy NARS Sheer Glow as it's just as light and no hassle but offers a lot more coverage. 
My skin was (is?) quite problematic at the moment - adjusting to London's water, the stress, the dryness, and the overall change of weather. My old skincare routine was clearly not doing the job here so I was browsing the aisles of skincare. While I'm more likely to buy drugstore makeup, I'm wry of getting drugstore skincare (other than cleansers) as my skin is quite fussy and I like to consult the experts that know their stuff. I've been eyeing the Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask for quite a while now and the sales were lovely and quick to give me a sample to try out. I was also eyeing up the Clay Cleanser from the brand but after rummaging through three drawers, it was declared that they had run out of samples. Next time, they said. I also got a sample of the Elemental Herbology Facial Glow which is an acid exfoliator, I think. I've yet to use this sample but according to the raves online, it seems to be an amazing product. Lastly, a sample of Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrate was a gift with purchase. I've been noticing the increase of my pore size recently, so I'll be testing this one out and see if it does do what it claims! 
That's it, that's what I got on my first trip to Space NK. What are your must haves when you go for a round at Space NK? 

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments