[The Newbies] First in London

4.10.13

I have so many feelings for this haul. Firstly, I'm completely proud of myself to sticking to buying only the essentials I need (more or less). Secondly, everything I bought here, I didn't pay full retail price. (Well, I did on one product) And thirdly, so far, I absolutely LOVE everything that I've bought! Anyway, enough with the teasing and onto what I bought! 
 If you've been following me on twitter or have read my first London Update (can be found here), you'll know that my hair has been throwing a hissy fiss over the hard water here in London. So naturally, I've been pouring over reviews and spending more than appropriate time squatting in the aisles of Boots to pick out some shampoos that'll hopefully help with the situation. Herbal Essence Smooth and Soft Shampoo & Conditioner Duo were the first that I picked up. Because Boots was having their 3 for 2 sale, I also picked up the Tangle Teezer. I'm a big fan of the tangle teezer, but had left my old compact one at home. The two days that I didn't have a tangle teezer were the two days that my hair was a complete mess. And because I just can't stop buying shampoo, on my next trip to Boots a couple days later, I picked up the L'Oreal Ever Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner Duo. This line was made famous by bloggers and I really wanted to see if the hype around this would live up to helping my hair be smoother. I also picked up the Herbal Essence Fresh Balance Shampoo, it's a clarifying shampoo that you use once a week and it's supposed to help with the effects of hard water. I was about to spend about 14 more pounds on the Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo, but I'm glad that I got this one first. I've used it once already and it definitely has left my hair feeling a lot smoother and less hard water gunk. I do slather on my conditioner and leave it in longer after using this clarifying stripping shampoo though. 
 Body wash was something that I needed to pick up as well. I wasn't planning on getting the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Fresh & Foamy Body Wash, but after smelling it in Boots and noticing that there was buy one get a second half price sale on Soap and Glory products, I knew I had to have it. I'm a lover of citrus smells, and the Sugar Crush claims to have real lime juice in it. Now, I don't know if they really have a corner in their manufacturing factory that has people squeezing limes into these bottles, but it does have quite a genuine citrus zest to it. It's called Sugar Crush, but think Margerita sweet, not candy/sugar sweet. Make sense? For my second item, I picked up the Flake Away Body Scrub. I like how it's pretty solid inside and that you really have to claw some of the product out. I think it's less likely to be effected by the steam in the bathroom. I also used this once as a facial scrub because I've yet to buy one and it works pretty darn well. 
I wasn't planning on buying any beauty products prior to moving into the dorms, but when I went to pick up the Herbal Essence Shampoos at Boots, I got distracted by the Rimmel Salon Pro with/avec Lycra in Peppermint. I didn't bring any nail polish with me to the UK because of luggage limitation, so my nails were feeling in need of a good mint green. And since they were having their buy one get second half price, I also picked up the much loved Berry M Gelly hi-shine Nail Paint in Lychee. My friend needed nail polish remover so we each picked up a Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. I've been wanting a Real Technique brush for the longest time, but they didn't sell them at the small Boots where my friend lived, so when I stumbled upon the one around Regent Street, I immediately snatched the Real Technique Expert Face Brush up. I was standing in front of the Bourjois stand for the longest time, wondering which item of the long wishlist I should start with before eventually deciding on the Broujois Bronzing Primer as it was around the same price point. 
Last but not least. I was not planning to splurge so early into my time here but on the weekend trip with my friends to Covent Garden, my friend dragged (as if I wasn't willing...) me inside the Aesop boutique. The people there were lovely and sweet. I finally picked up the long-lusted Aesop Parsley Seed Clay Mask. They also gave me a couple samples I've yet to use, but the clay mask, WOW. Definitely worth the price and the hype, I tell you! 
As this post went up, I did my first small Space NK haul that should be coming up in the next week or so. If there are any products you'd like to see a review on, let me know! 
I apologize in advance for a possibly wonky blogging schedule in the coming weeks as I finally start school on Monday. I'll try queueing more posts over the weekend so it won't be an empty town on my blog, but just in case. Sorry! 

Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments