[The Face] School: Day One (FOTD #4)

7.10.13

Day one of school here in London. I had a seminar and a lecture that were both really interesting. The professors didn't teach much, but in the hour that they introduced each their class, I hope the rest of the school year is just as interesting as the first class. 

I opted for something simple and quick. It took me about 10 minutes in total to finish this look and I have a feeling that this look will be the routine for a good couple months, only switching up the blushes/lipsticks here and there. (I just realized that I forgot to apply sunscreen...) I used a bit of Benefit POREfessional on my nose and cheeks to try and cheat my way out of looking like I have huge pores before applying a sheer layer of NARS Sheer Glow. The coverage for this is decent enough for an everyday basis for me, so I don't do extra concealing on the pesky spots on my cheek. But to cover up those annoying dark circles, I layered my go-to concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer over the Bobbi Brown Corrector (review here). To set everything and add a more glow, I dusted some Bobbi Brown Brightening Finish Powder all over, concentrating the white pearly shade on the top of my cheekbones to give it a subtle highlight. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface is my go-to blush for the days when I just don't want to think about which colors look better together because this is one of those no-fail colors for me.
It's not pictured as it is pathetically cracked, but I used the dark brown shade from the NYX palette that you can see here to fill in my eyebrows. I never realized how important eyebrows were until I started filing them in. Now I can't feel complete if I don't do my eyebrows when I do the rest of my makeup. I kept the eyes really simple by using MAC Woodwinked all over the lid, concentrating more color in the outer corner and then bringing some to my lower lash line to add some definition. And then added a couple coats of Maybelline The Rocket Mascara to complete the eyes. 
To finish off the look, I patted on Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 423 Pink Velvet to create a stain. It's a beautiful pink that has a pretty strong blue undertone, but is still pretty wearable for an everyday basis. The stain lasted me for about 4 hours, but at least it didn't leave that nasty ring around the lips, so that's always a plus in my books! 
Day one of school was really interesting and we already have a pile of reading to do. I can't wait for the classes that I have tomorrow! What are your go to products/routine on school/work days? 

Follow on Bloglovin

25 comments