[The Review] L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

26.10.13

Ah, L'Oreal is a brand that I'll have to admit, I didn't have much knowledge of before. Maybe it was the range they imported to Taiwan, but I thought that they were mostly focused on skincare. They were often the stand that failed to catch my attention whenever I was in the drugstores. But in need of a new mascara, the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara has made it's way into my collection.

I was a bit taken aback when I first saw the wand. It's like a twig with nubs. There's no better way to describe it. I don't even think you can properly call them bristles. I thought I was going to hate the wand till I realized how easy it was to reach the inner corner and also focus on the strands of eyelashes that are usually neglected. While my lashes are blessedly long, they're lacking the ability to hold a curl. At the end of the day, they're usually droopy or sticking straight. That's why I usually opt for a waterproof version as they're better when it comes to not smudging and holding a curl. So needless to say, I was more than skeptic as to if this mascara would meet the criteria as I wasn't able to find the waterproof version of this. (And what's the deal with the Carbon Black version of this mascara costing a pound more?) So I tested this out on a day that I was sure I wouldn't be heading out the door, just in case I turned into a panda in the middle of the day and had to explain that I did not just do the walk of shame to class. At the end of the day, after wearing near 10 hours, I almost forgot that I was wearing mascara as there was practically no smudging. The only thing that gave it away was how great my lashes looked and how curled they still were. I know, shocking. A non-waterproof mascara holding up better than a lot of the waterproof options out there. 
The only bad thing I would say about this mascara is it's quite wet, and maybe it's because my lashes are already quite tangly, the Telescopic tends to clump my lashes together. Making it look like I have chunks of lashes. If I had time, I wouldn't mind going through each clump with a old mascara wand, separating them from their gang. But it takes quite a while, so while I'm more than impressed with the results of this mascara, it wouldn't be the one I reach for when I have only 5 minutes before I need to be out the door.  
(I apologize for the horrible condition of my skin...I'm only human) 
But overall, it's quite a good mascara and if you're used to wet formulas or want to have amazing lashes, then give the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara a chance! Have you tried this before? Do you think it lives up to the hype?
Ppst! Superdrug is currently having a 3 for 2 sale across all cosmetics! 

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments