September Favorites 2013

30.9.13

I have to say, September 2013 will definitely be a highlight in my life. But beauty-wise, there really wasn't much. Between moving between continents and into my dorms, makeup was kept pretty simple. Which you could read as me going barefaced pretty much most of the time. 

I've been using the Clinque 3 Step System for the past couple months and I've been seeing a pretty drastic change (that's good) in my skin. While I love all three products, the one that stands out to me the most is the Clinque Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula. The first time I used it, I could feel my pores unclogging. And that's saying quite a bit as I've had clogged pores for the longest time. The foam lathers up really well so it's able to get the gunk and other disgusting things from the pores. This combined with the exfoliating toner in step 2 is a miracle combination. In the past month, I've swatched up my sunscreen and opted for this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. It's everything that I could've asked for in a sunscreen: it doesn't have a fake coconut smell, doesn't leave a white greasy sheen behind, dries instantly, and it's a pretty big tube for the price. I heard that they didn't sell this in the UK, so it's one of the few full size liquid products I hauled over continents. Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm has been raved over and over on this blog, most recently it was featured in my Flight Essentials post that you can find here. London is significantly drier than Taiwan, my lips have been chapped like it's no one's business. So I reapply this couple times a day and paired with the weekly use of the LUSH Bubblegum lipscrub (another lifesaver!) has stopped my lips from looking too bad. 
Makeup-wise, like I said, keeping it simple. NYX Terra Cotta, evident from The Weekend Face post here, has been my blush of choice as it's a blush/bronzer in one. Plus the quality of this is amazing, if you haven't tried a NYX blush yet, then I would highly recommend that you find a way to get your hands on one! The Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl eyeliner in Nude has found it's way into my most minimal routine as it's a simple way to perk up the eyes. I've been on a pretty healthy sleep schedule (probably because of jet lag), but I still look sleepy most days. A bit on the waterline, and a bit more blended out in the inner corner just brightens up the eye area and instantly has that wide-eyed look.  My MAC eyeshadow collection seems to be shamelessly growing. Satin Taupe has been giving Woodwinked a run in the most used eyeshadow in the past month. Or on the days that I don't really want that "Oh, I have eyeshadow on" look, MAC Cork has been used to define the crease and add some dimension to my eyes. It really doesn't look that remarkable in the pan, but it's a really natural crease color. I don't think I'll be adding more to MAC eyeshadows to my stash any time soon as I feel like I have every shade that I want at the moment.
Anyway, September has been pretty amazing in life but simple beauty-wise. What were your September favorites? 

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments