[The Wants] The Face Edition

16.9.13

the base wishlist
It's like I constantly forget I only have one face. I'll have to admit, I'm a bit of a foundation snob. First off, I'm horrible at matching myself up to shades at the drugstore. Secondly, as I'm going to be putting this all over my acne/scarring-prone, sensitive, moody face, I want to make sure that it won't worsen my skin condition. So while I love my trusty Bourjois Radiance Revealed Healthy Mix (review here), I'm still turning to the higher end brands for a good base.
I used to love fuller coverage foundations like it was no one's business. But as my skin is quickly improving, I'm looking forward to throwing on some tinted moisturizer or lighter foundation. After hearing raves and raves about the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, I first tried it out at a Chanel counter a couple months back and absolutely hated the end results. But not wanting to give up on a much raved foundation, I managed to get hold of a sample and trying it on at home, I was astonished at how great it felt. I think the sales lady at the Chanel counter was caking on the foundation to show me just how buildable it is (which really, if you saw the end results, there was something terribly wrong with her application). Another foundation that I got a sample of and am really loving is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. While hearing so many raves about this, it was never on my radar because of the "glow". Already "glowing" from oily skin in the summer, I didn't want to add more glow and become a freaking glow-in-the-dark display. But when I was cleaning out my makeup collection, I noticed I had a sample of this and decided to give it a try because why not? The glow part was a lie. It has a radiant-satiny, almost dewy finish. But it was no where near glow. While this doesn't control my oils as well as the Chanel foundation, it's still pretty good at staying put. I've yet to try a sample of the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation as the sales people always seem so snobby here. But after hearing great reviews on it, and how wonderful it is, it's been creeping up onto the want list. The much raved about Jouer Matte Moisture Tint has been on my wantlist for the longest time. It's oil-free, which means that it won't worsen the combination/oily party that my skin is currently hosting. Last but not least, the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, after hearing Essie rave about this, I've been wanting to try it out. I'm not the most confident with loose powders but I've been itching to give them a second try. And already loving everything else from Laura Mercier, I have high hopes for this one.
I'm going to be wandering in the world of duty-free later this week and am wanting to pick some goodies up if I have time. I'm weighing between the Armani foundation or the Chanel foundation, or the Laura Mercier powder....I'm probably not going to get all three, but which would be your pick? Let me know in the comments!

Waah! I can't believe this is my 100th post! Thanks for sticking with me through the journey! Virtual cookies to all you lovelies! x
Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments