[Collab] The Autumn Scrub

22.9.13

I've been ranting on and on about Autumn coming in The Colder Weather Edit, but it's actually the first of Autumn today! Well, not "when I'm typing this post up" today, but you get the drill. I've always liked the idea of seasonal body care, but there are times when you just can't bring yourself to splurge on a yummy pumpkin body wash when you already have three other autumn-flavored scents. So when Skana contacted me about whipping up a DIY scrub that contained seasonal ingredients a couple weeks ago, I immediately said yes. I wanted to rotate around the warm, spicy smell of nutmeg so with me throwing out random ingredients, Skana managed to put together a fabulous recipe. I've yet to try this out, but it sounds very cozy and I can't wait to put this together when I've finally settled down in my new dorm. 
Exfoliating is essential for the colder months as when skin dries out, dead skin cells tend to accumulate much faster. And no one likes flaky skin. So exfoliating removes not only dead cells, but also cleans the junk and stuff that's clogging your pores. Instead of opting for white sugar, we're choosing to use Brown Sugar as the moisture in it won't dry out your skin when you exfoliate. Olive Oil not only moisturizes the skin, but also prevents the moisture in your skin from evaporating. I mean, really, no one likes the feeling of water and moisture being sucked away by the air right after moisturizing. The seasonal ingredients, nutmeg and pumpkin, are the highlights in this recipe for me. Nutmeg, other than having that beautiful spicy scent, can reduce infection and swelling around clogged pores. Which in laymen terms, means that spots are reduced and scars are smoothened. And it also help remove blackheads! Pumpkin removes dead dull cells, and best of all, it's full of enzymes, beta-carotene and antioxidants, which does wonders in nourishing the skin. 

Recipe
Brown Sugar x 1 tablespoon
Pumpkin Puree x 1/3 cup
Olive Oil x 1 tablespoon
Nutmeg x 1 teaspoon
Basically mix them all together and use as a regular facial scrub. 

Can't you already smell how lovely this scrub is? Let me know if you try it out and what you think of it! If you're ever in uptown New York and swing by Skana, let me know! 

"Skana, the Oneida word for peace, is where soothing treatments and modern amenities combine with American Indian cultural themes to create the world’s most luxuriously unique spa experience. Skana is designed to help you bring lifestyle, nutrition and fitness into perfect harmony. For more information about fall treatments and balancing remedies check out the skana page: http://turningstone.com/spa/skana/  "


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments