The Summer Recap

11.9.13

Summer is still going on strong as I'm typing this up here in Taiwan, but it seems like the rest of the northern hemisphere has already entered the chiller months. I can't wait to be joining them in a couple weeks, but before then, I thought I'd look back to the most loved products for the past season and apologize as to how much I've abused them. 
I'm not the most diligent person when it comes to skincare. I've gotten better at it the past couple weeks but for the most of the summer, I've been loving gel-like moisturizers. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel has been my pick for the past summer (and most of the summers before), as it's ridiculously lightweight and the "gel" means that it's oil-free. Also, it's hydrating like it's no one's business and feels cooling within seconds of application. I mean, why would it not be my pick for the humid, hot months? And while we're talking about products that's probably impossible to get outside of Taiwan/Asia, let's get this one out of the way as well. As it doesn't really have an English translation, I'll be translating this the best I can - All-Natural Loofah Extract Hydrating Moisturizer. Basically, it's another light-weight moisturizer that's made with loofah and aloe extract. This has been a staple in my ever-changing skincare routine, and the Taiwan company that makes this buys directly from the loofah farmers, further benefiting the farmers. Okay, okay, I'm done talking abut things that you guys can't get. Now we move on. The Organix Ever Radiant Coconut Milk Cucumber Anti-Puff Eye Cream is one of the things that I look forward to after I roll out of bed, groggy and hating the sun. A clear, lightweight gel that's hydrating and cool to the touch is the perfect kick to wake up. Sunscreen is something that I'm trying to convince myself to use every day, and the choice has been the L'Oreal Longlasting Icy UV Protector. Is it marvelous and amazing? Well, it's the only one I've been using regularly and I've just been too lazy to find a good new one. Seriously, if you guys have any good sunscreen recommendations, leave them in the comments below? 
Moving onto makeup. I never knew that I could reach for the same thing so often, everyday. In the past six months, I can count the handful of days that I did not use the Bourjois Radiance Revealed Healthy Mix. It's lightweight, and basically fail-proof. Perfect for those mornings when you feel like a boarderline zombie. And there's also the yummy fruity smell that's breakfast-worthy. Strangely, this summer I've not reached for bronzers at all. Corals have taken over my summer, on the days when I'm not sure which blush I'm in the mood for, Milani Baked Blush in Corallina and Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy are my go-tos. And most days, I'm in the mood for these two. The warmth of these blushes, and the spunky colors is what I want to feel most days. Plus, it also boosts the slightest tan I have when applied up to the temples. If you've been reading my blog for the past couple months, then you've also witnessed the birth and growth of my lipstick obsession. MAC See Sheer has been my choice for most of the summer with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coralberry joining in the race the past month. I was just going through my quickly-growing lipstick collection the other day, and these two were two of the half-dozen shades of corals. And now I'm realizing that I don't have any fall/winter shades...(Well, I have two three. as of date...) So again, recommendations? 

Most summers, I abandon all moisturizers and lotions. But the past summer, I've been cooped up in air-conditioned rooms, my hands are eerily slightly dried out. So I keep a tube of Crabtree & Evelyn ultra-moisturizing hand therapy in Lavender in my bag. I've been shaking things up the past summer as I completely fell in love with the lavender scent. Most of the time, I opt for fruity, citrus smells, and not florals. But this, and the one that I'm planning on using in the colder months are both lavender. Go figure. I'm a phase-person. It's not at all oily, and it's hydrating enough to make my hands feel normal. But as the season changes, I have an inkling that this will be kept in the back of my drawer. Summer is the season for manicures. For me, at least. When I actually have the time to sit down and paint my nails without having to move away my textbooks or report papers, and swap my nail colors every week. My love for the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish is no secret, and they've really been upping the game with their summer release of colors. Out of the bunch, Green Fizz and Turquoise Block have been fully abused and passed around my internship office. Perfect summer colors, I feel like I'll be trying to bring some of the love into the colder months by wearing these colors. The Rimmel Long-Lasting Nail Polish in Pear Drop always brings out my inner mermaid. I'm always able to imagine life "under the sea" when I wear this perfect pearly-aqua shade.


I'm still prolonging the season and using still full-on abusing these products, but I'm also itching to reach for the products I've set out for autumn. Summer 2013 was good to me, but I can't wait for Autumn 2013. What were your favorite products for the past months? 

This post isn't the usual photo-heavy post as I would've liked...I think my camera just wants fall to start? 

Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments