October Favourites 2014

2.11.14

October was definitely a busy and exciting 31 days. Between school and my personal life, I had one hell of a ride. Things in the beauty department was definitely more muted compared to the dynamics in the other spheres but these are the good ones. 

My favourite base of the month is no surprise to any of you that have read more than two posts on the blog. I haven't been able to put down the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation ($36) (review) all month. It's just so perfect for a quick everyday base that'll just look better with time. To conceal those under eye pesks that have been growing stronger than ever, the Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19) is my best friend. No matter how minimal makeup I'm wearing that day, this will definitely be on the menu. 

The Topshop Brow Pencil (£6) shouldn't be a surprise either. I've finally come to the end of this little nub and I'm definitely going to miss it. I like how it's not of a waxy texture that has a more natural but defined result. 

To continue with the nude lip phase that I started undergoing since the end of August, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude (£6.49) has been the perpetual resident in the handbag the past month. The perfect peachy nude, I'm seeing why everyone crowned this as the drugstore perfect nude lipstick

As the rest of my makeup has been quite toned down and understated, I needed to make a statement somewhere. Rimmel Salon Pro by Kate in Hip Hop (£4.49) has been gracing my nails for more than two-thirds of the month. I only took it off when I had to road-test a nail polish, but I'm already itching to get that gorgeous orange-based red back on my nails. 

October has been pretty simple makeup-wise, but we all need to tone it down somewhere right? It has been a really good month, overall and I'll be sad to say goodbye to it. November, be good to me. What were some of your favourites for the past month?

With Love, 
Daphne x

14 comments