empties #2

3.11.14

It feels slightly weird and inappropriate to start off the week talking about my trash, but let's roll with it. I always forget to do empties posts as I don't have a tendency to keep my trash lying around for too long. But this time around, I knew I was going to run out of a couple things around the same time so I made a conscious effort to not throw them out.

I love the L'Oreal haircare line. I've gone through so many bottles of their shampoos and conditioners, this time being the L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shine Shampoo (£1.99 - originally £3.99). I really liked this shampoo, it did add some shine to my hair while making it ridiculously soft. This will be one that I'm putting back on the radar the next time I run out of shampoo. 

Another hair product is the Dove Dry Shampoo (£4.59). Queen of all dry shampoos, I've gone through so many bottles of this stuff, I already have repurchased and a backup ready. It doesn't leave that dreaded white cast, nor does it have that sticky, grungy overloaded feeling upon application, this is truly a winner. 

I've finished up three makeup bits and bobs in the last month. It's been a lot easier to finish up products when I'm only limiting myself to one from each category on a weekly basis. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49)needs no introducing. I was really sad when I came to the last bits of this. One of the best under eye concealers in the drugstores, I'll definitely be repurchasing this in the future. 

The Topshop Brow Pencil (£6) was my first eyebrow pencil love and I've been waving this in your faces for the past month or so. It's nothing innovative in terms of technology and product, but the old fashioned pencil texture about this is what made me fall head over tails for it. 

Last but not least, my first ever high end eyeliner - MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner in Stubborn Brown (£14). I'd never in the right mind, spend so much money on a single eyeliner. But I have memories attached to this and so much cheaper when I repurchased this in Taiwan.

It's not much, but I figured a quick glance at the things I used up might give a fuller picture of the products I use on a pretty occasional basis. What have you used up lately? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

6 comments