november favourites 2014.

30.11.14

So November, you gave me a good week with three really stressful ones. The past 31 days wasn't particularly good, nor was it bad - there were some great days and other days that I'd just like to wipe from memory, but overall, I'd say it all balances out. The same can't be said for makeup picks though, it was overall pretty good as I've discovered forgotten favourites and an influx of newbies. 
I've rekindled my love with the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (£6.99) as it's the only base I can use now without playing 'shade mixing' on the back of my hand. Definitely the best base out there in the drugstore aisles, there are even times when I prefer this one to my higher end foundations. Decent coverage, natural finish, long-lasting, and most impressively, comes with a pump, there's really nothing I can fault of the product. Other than the fact that the glass packaging doesn't make it the most travel-friendly, but I can live with that. 

Another rekindled love is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed ($26). No, that's not the best phrasing. I've never fallen out of love with it, but I haven't been using it since summer until the past couple months. As my makeup is pretty routinely toned down and natural looking for school, Exposed is the perfect low maintenance shade while creating a natural sculpted look when adding some colour back into the face. 

I've been pretty much been creating the signature look of flicked liner for the past couple months and I've been loyal to the Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Liner (£2.99) as it's one of the easiest liquid liners to use. It does take a bit of time to dry so I wouldn't recommend this on the days when you're feeling particularly blinky, but definitely give it a go. I even did a whole review on this that you can read here

I bought the Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara (£1.99) not having high hopes for it, but it was a pleasant surprise. It's not a spectacular mascara but it's a good one for every day. I especially love this on the lower lash line as it creates more definition while still looking quite natural and won't smudge at all. Plus, for the price? You can't really ask for anything else. 

Last but not least, I actually forgot that I owned MAC All Fired Up (£15.50) for the longest time. Which is absolutely insane, considering that this was one of the last lipsticks I got over the summer. But this is one of my favourite bold lips that I've been wearing on days when I need a mental pick-me-up, need to look put together quickly, or just on days when I feel like it. I don't wear it to school as it seems slightly inappropriate, but I've been visiting my local Costa wearing this several times. It's the perfect lipstick to sip coffee in as it'll stay intact after a large gingerbread latte. 

The past month was a pretty good balance of expensive and drugstore makeup. I'm quite proud of myself for that. I can't wait for the next couple of weeks to be over so I can have a break from the immediate stress of school. What beauty bits and bobs have you been loving the past month? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

P.S. I should've made this announcement at the start of the post but here it is, as a post script. But starting from now till the foreseeable future, the blog schedule will be changed to Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. There might be sporadic breaks here and there due to bad scheduling problems, but I'll try to update three times a week. School is kicking my butt, guys. I'm terribly sorry that it has spilled over to SoaD xxxx 

20 comments