new in: urban decay naked 2 basics

26.11.14

I never thought I would want the Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics. I didn’t even blink when I saw the official photos of the palette, I didn’t even want to waste a scoff at the idea of another addition to the Naked family when every other blogger started writing poems about it. I thought Urban Decay was overplaying the Naked angle and new releases were just pushing it to steal money away from consumers. 


But then Celina confessed how she loved the second generation more than the original Naked Basics. I knew that Celina loved the original as much as I loved it, so my stand started wavering. The opportunity to seize the Naked 2 Basics for 40% off at £15.40 when Cohorted had it the second time around was the last push I needed.

I’ve heard many talk about Cohorted before but while intrigued, I never had the urge to order anything from them as there seemed to be a degree of uncertainty attached to the website. But after joining in on the cohort for the Naked 2 Basics, I’m happy to announce that there aren’t any hidden fees and the only uncertainty is the final price - but even so, it’s definitely going to shave off a couple pounds from the full RRP. It took a while for my palette to come, two weeks after the cohort closed, to be exact. But the wait was worth it. Not only did I get my beautiful new palette, but the packaging wowed me. I was thinking that it was going to be delivered in an envelope, or just a box stuffed with newspapers or whatnot. But not only was there a little card, the ‘box-fillers’ were those gift fillers that makes it look like there was 10 times more effort put into the process. It’s the little things. 

I'm still putting the new palette on trial, but quick verdict? I think I'm in love. I'll need some more time, but I'll put on a comparison between the original and the second generation of the matte palettes in some weeks and give you the final verdict of which I prefer.
With Love, 
Daphne x

13 comments