i need to stop talking about you

5.11.14

If there's one thing I really don't like, it's sounding like a broken record. I hate sounding repetitive to a point where I've been known to type up a paragraph-length text to paraphrase "are you feeling better?" The same goes to the products I feature on the blog - I'll be typing up a post and then head-desking at how much like a merry-go-round I sound flashing the same bits and bobs all the time. So to bring the ride to a halt, I'm gathering all those gems here and then I'll try and stop muttering about them every other post. 

Let's start with the quickest growing of the bunch, yeah?  I've only had the NARS Tinted Moisturizer (£29) since this summer, but it's been featured on the blog at least half a dozen times since. Easy to wear and a gorgeous dewy, radiant finish, this travel-friendly tube of gorgeousness is one that I'd add to your base arsenal if you don't have it already. 

On the same page but the opposite of the spectrum, the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (£29) is also a tinted moisturizer that's anchored itself into several blog posts already. More of a satin, skin-like finish, this tinted moisturizer is the first of its kind. Plus, the coverage is superb for the tinted moisturizer it's claiming to be, and the wear time is absolutely fantastic. I've been complimented to have great skin when wearing this, yes, even on days when I have more spots than skin when barefaced. 

I'm a base-fanatic and I'll live up to that title as I talk about the third one in the same category. The Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation ($36) is the only powder foundation I own, and I'm pretty sure I talk about this every other post. I'm surprised that you guys haven't already started protesting against this product showing up in future blog photos, to be honest. I feel like I'm skimping on you guys by always featuring this little baby. 

It seems like I haven't been able to stop talking about Rimmel Santa Rose (£3.99) since I discovered it earlier this year. The perfect blush that's able to compete with my higher end blushes, I'm in love with this Union Jack peachy pink shade. 

I was never fussy about eyeliner. In fact, for the longest time, I hated pencil liners because all the cheap ones I tried would end up halfway on my cheek after a couple hours. And then I fell in love with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals (£3.99) (review). Creamy and easy to smudge out before it sets, it's love as it won't budge after that. The Bronze shade is perfect for a quick pulled together look while the Nude shade is my everyday essential to perk up the waterline and inner corners. I've repurchased both of these several times each and I think you should, too.

Last but not least, the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (£22) was my first ever high-end eyeshadow purchase and it's still my most used palette to date. I'm a simple girl at heart and the matte shades are just perfect when it comes to creating that natural enhanced eye. A versatile palette that's not limited to the eyes, I love bringing this palette for travel as the shades inside can also be used to highlight and contour.  

I'll try to stop talking about these old dogs all the time and bring in the new kids. But I'm just completely head over tails for these guys. What are some of the products you keep talking about 24/7? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

20 comments