hello, 2015.

2.1.15


May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.  -Neil Gaiman

I have a problem dealing with time. In my head, it's closer to 1999 than 2018. I'm having a hard time to accept that my baby sister just turned 18 a couple months ago - she's supposed to be a child! Naturally, I'm living in denial that 2014 has already turned its last page and I'm starting a new agenda for the coming 12 months. I'm better at looking back and cringing at all the socially inept embarrassing spazzes I tripped into than I am at planning for the future. But this year, I'm going to try and change that - step by step. I'm not making any resolutions - they're promises that I just can't keep. Call this list a blueprint, or aspirations. 


1. De-stressing. Not everything has to be an epic explosion - especially not stress.

2. Worries were not created equal - learn to prioritize which ones are worth fussing over and which ones are just beyond control. 

3. Eat better  - or at least try to eat on schedule (eating 8 pieces of toast in one sitting for the whole day is not a good meal plan). 

4. Time management. (every year...and procrastination is what makes this item back on the itinerary).

5.  Stop running away and learn to be honest with oneself. As impressive as my de-personalizing skills are, it's not a joyous celebration when everything comes crashing down like an avalanche.

6. Travel more, explore more, and learn to do it alone. I can't be the only one that'll find any way to not eat out alone. 

7. On that note, learn how to be alone. 

8.  As cute as those shoes are, they should be ditched if they're already collecting dust and in the rare times you dust them off and take them out for a stroll, you're going to sprain your ankles 90% of the time. 

9. Don't text when you're halfway to drunk. You're never going to have a reasonable explanation on why you sent someone a text asking them why an octopus and penguin could never have a beautiful love story. 

10. Quality over quantity. 

11. As addictive as the show is, it's probably not the best idea to marathon 3 seasons when you have an essay due in 3 days and you've barely started. 


I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead of you! What are some of the aspirations that you have for the coming 365 days? Also, for those of you that don't know, it's going to be the perfect month this February.  
With Love, 
Daphne x

29 comments