1945.

13.1.15

Fact: the gene to identify shades of red is located on the X chromosome, which explains why guys are useless when you hold up five different shades of red and ask for their opinion on which to wear. It also explains the fact why it took me approximately 405.3 days (okay, not really, I lied. But it's been a long journey) to hunt down the perfect red nail polish. 

I had spent long hours in the aisles of Boots and Superdrug, searching bottle after bottle, trying to find a perfect red. The problem? I had no idea what kind of red I wanted, I just knew that I wanted on that I would click with. Impossible starting point, I know. I had picked up Revlon Red (£6.49) at least a dozen time, each time my inability to commit coming in the way. What if this was not THE red? Twelve months ago, I would've threw that thought to the side and still have bought the shade. But now that I'm a year older and more reasonable, I decided that waiting was key. 

But after one particular shopping trip at the start of the year, I decided I was finally going to pick up that bottle of red nail polish. No better way to start off the new year with red finger tips, eh? I remember I was watching a show at my friend's place when I decided I was to paint my nails. One stroke, and my friend also stopped the show to prep her nails to be painted. This colour was that good. 

Red nails are less high maintenance than red lips, but while the colour is spot on, I did get minor chipping 3 days after application. But like all the other Revlon polishes I've tried, it's opaque in one coat and dries really quick. 

I don't know why I doubted if this was the red as it has been on the market since 1945 - definitely the shade you want if you're picky when looking for that classic Hollywood red. 

With Love, 
Daphne x

17 comments