[the face] the school bells ring again.

16.1.15

I had my fair share of red lips and smoky eyes in the month of December. But now that it's the start of the year and the school bells have gone ringing again, I'm falling back into a staple routine of quick and simple. I don't have to go into uni quite as often as last term but the days are much longer. I have an average of 11-hour days before I can take my makeup off again so other than being quick, longevity is also a must. 
As much as I like wearing makeup, I like to keep things low-key for school. I mean, I'm going to talk about drugs and prison, it's best if I don't look like I'm about to attend prom. Not that I've ever had a prom to go to. I'm finally pale enough for my winter foundations to come back into rotation. I've cleaned the dust from my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation ($38) and put it back into rotation. I don't remember liking this foundation as much when I first got it, but I've definitely warmed up to it the past couple weeks.

I'm giving it a couple weeks before my dark circles kick back into full force. Before then, I'm enjoying the basics of the Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19) and Maybelline Eraser Concealer (£7.99) (I swear, I have a different name for this concealer every time I mention it). 

I just don't have the time to top off my makeup during the day. Plus, I'd rather not lose any makeup among the amount of paper and other crap I carry around. The Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot is the only thing that I've tried that best curbs oil and only leaves me only slightly oily at the end of the day. 

After finally getting my eyebrows under maintenance, I'm switching back to using MAC Mystery (£13) to buffing them up. I had forgotten how easy it was to fill in my brows when I don't have to do the whole 'guess where I should fill in to make both sides look vaguely similar'. 
I'm falling back into love with using stick shadows and as much as I want to splurge on all the offerings from By Terry and Laura Mercier, I'm sticking to the student budget and using the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 05 Rosy Brown (£6.90) all over the lid and blending out the edges with my trusty MAC 217. Despite being on the slightly too glittery side, I'm still head over heels over this cream shadow. Plus, no fingers!

A quick tightlining of the upper lids to add a bit of definition before ending things with generous coats of the Natural Collection Mascaras. I've briefly mentioned these before. At £1.99 each, I did not expect anything from them. Zilch. Now? I've repurchased one and added another to my collection. It's safe to say I'm completely smitten with them and will probably continue my cheap love affair with them for quite a while.

Most days, I'm just wearing a lip balm. But if I want to subtly jazz things up, the Sephora Color Revealed Lip Balm ($13) has been my go to and is a perpetual resident at the bottom of my school bag. Which is where it was when I took the above photo. Said to be a dupe for the Dior Lip Glow, this is one of those lip balms that'll adjust to the pH level of your lips and become 50 shades of pink. I quite like it as it adds a little something something to the look but still being lip-chewing appropriate.

As the look is quite toned down and, well, colourless. I've been opting for brighter blushes to add some colour back in. Longlasting, perky, and already in my stash? Of course it had to be the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface ($26). What else? 

That's it. Between brushing my teeth and pulling out my outfit from the closet, this look only takes me around 10 minutes. Just enough time for me to grab a banana before I have to dash out the door and praying that the rush hour is already over so I can at least have some personal space on the tube. 

What is your every day look? 


With Love, 
Daphne x

4 comments