the repurchases #1

24.9.14

It's not often I repurchase things. Or in the rare case I do, it's even more rare that I actually use the things I've repurchased. Call it being restless and curious. Or flimsy, depends on which side of the coin you're looking at. But over the summer, I've finished up a couple of things and surprisingly, bought the duplicate of the deceased (wut). There are times when you should shut up and try to be normal, Daphne. 

Since we're already on the 'Daphne is slightly weird' track, I lost the cap for my previous The Body Shop Aloe Lip Care (£5) some mere weeks after purchasing. But between not being able to find this in stores anywhere at the time and it was still a pretty full tube, I still used it religiously at home. But that said, I don't know what genius part of me thought that it would be smart to bring this onto the plane - twice! Without going into details, let's just say the remaining half tube that I had of this fabulous lip care product squeezed itself into the makeup bag that I stored it in on my flight to Taipei and back. Don't even ask me why I would do it a second time when it was already disastrous the first. A random browse in The Body Shop a couple days after being back in London, I was more than ecstatic to find that this lip product was back in stock. This time, I vow to not lose the cap in a Japanese restaurant in Soho.

MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner in Stubborn Brown (£14) was my first proper eyeliner, it was also one of the first makeup products my mum ever got for me. So when I was doing some last minute shopping in Taiwan, I decided to snag a backup of this pencil as it was several pounds cheaper compared to London. The one that I have is already a baby stub and as I often opt for a brown over black, I knew that Stubborn Brown had already stubbornly found a place in my stash for itself.

The last product was more of a preemptive strike. I had brought back my half tube of the infamous Aesop Parsley Seed Masque (£27) and passed it around the family to use. Needless to say, everyone fell in love with it. Fast forward a couple weeks, my mum and I stumbled upon an Aesop counter and found prices to be cheaper compared to London by several pounds. The icing on top? Everything was 10% off that day as well. Taking chance of the bargain, I bought another one of my favourite cleansing masques for backup, just in case I run out - it won't be another hit on my bank balance.

I'm already using two of the said products - which is a rare for me. So you know that these aforementioned ones are good. Do you normally repurchase products? Which ones have you bought again? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

8 comments