september favourites 2014

28.9.14

It's been a while since I've rounded up the monthly favourites in a place for you guys. September has been a rollercoaster ride for me, so while I can't say I'm sad to say goodbye and move on, the past thirty days will definitely have a bookmark in my life. 

But enough with my sentiments, and moving onto the products that have been loyal to me the past month. An old favourite that has been a staple for me the past month is the Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19). My dark circles have been insane due to bad sleeping patterns and construction outside my window. There are days when I just wear this on its own and not put concealer over the top. Even the lightest coverage of concealers are able to cover up the undereye circles darker than my soul when layered on top of this corrector. So basically what I'm trying to say is - invest in this corrector if you have panda-residents. 

There was quite the hype around the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette (£32) a while back when it was re-released with a new packaging. I was lucky enough to be gifted this for my birthday several months ago but it wasn't until recently did I have a proper play around with it. I'm drafting up a review for this little one soon but in a nutshell, I think it might have usurped the Urban Decay Naked Basics to become my go-to palette.  

I've been loyal to my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler since I got it last year. But for some absurd and unexplainable reason, I've been ditching that and have been reaching for the Eyeko Lash Curler* (£12). I think it's the grip - that's what's gravitating me towards this one as I don't have to snuggle my fingers into the loop handle of the Japanese offering. Also, I think the pads for the SU offering is slightly worn - does anyone know of any other brand whose lash curler pads will fit into the SU ones? It's so annoying that Shu Uemura doesn't make the refills. 

I've been loving the flicked liner look for months now and my pick has definitely got to be the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (£13). Slightly pricier than what I'd normally pay for an eyeliner, but this one is definitely worth it. I have quite oily eyelids and even on sans primer/eyeshadow days, the flick is still intact and it doesn't transfer onto the lids. A good win and well worth the price! 

I'm sure my love for the NARS Tinted Moisturizer (£29) is an eye-rolling obvious one to those of you that have been reading the blog the past couple months. The traits have been well documented so as a gist, I'm still using this base mixed in with my NARS Sheer Glow to adjust the colour despite returning having half a dozen foundations that are colour correct on hand. 

Another favourite that has been popping up on the blog quite a bit lately is MAC Peach Blossom (£15.50). The perfect nude-peachy-pink and the constant resident in my handbag the past month, I think this lipstick has probably surpassed MAC See Sheer to become my most-used lip product. 

I'm realizing that half this post has overlapped with the picks from my last 'currently loving' but I'm still trying to get back into the hang of things and well, I really have been loving these picks. What have you been loving the past month? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

15 comments