currently loving #12

14.9.14

Being off the grid means the products I've been loving are like trees falling in the forest when there's no one around to hear it - too much? Anyway. I've been sticking to the same makeup routine for the past couple of months and am pretty much in a committed relationship with this quick routine. Because really, between the 35 degree summers back in Taiwan and moving flats in London, it's unrealistic to slap on anything more complex than eyeliner. 


The NARS Tinted Moisturizer (£29) has been the only base I've been using upon purchasing it several weeks back - I've sung praises about it before so I'll keep it short: I'm back in London where I have my half dozen other foundations and I'm still completely and totally in love with this. 

I know a lot of people say that fingers is the best way to apply the NARS base offering, but I'm not too fond of the application method. Let's just say that more often than not, I'm ending up with foundation streaks on my jeans because I forgot to remove the residue on my digits. My favourite method that to apply it is using the Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush (£20.99 - part of the travel collection). Taking less than a minute to blend out and create an even base, it's only one of the many functions I'm using this brush for. I have a post coming up soon regarding the octopus-functions of this gem so keep your eyes peeled. 

After being back on the eyeliner trend for several months now, I've moved from pencil to liquid and opting for the classic winged liner. Knocking on wood here, but I'm fairly certain that 8 times out of 10, I can flick out a wing like it was meant to be there. There's massive hype around the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (£13) and rightfully so. Other than living up to the name and the colour payoff being extraordinarily amazing, there's just something about the nib that makes it so easy to make the perfect flick. 

MAC Peach Blossom (£15.50) has been the only constant lipstick in the depth of my bag for the past week or so. The light peachy pink shade is absolutely beautiful and has started changing my opinions on the peachy trend I thought I was never going to suit. 

Lastly but not least, a lifestyle love. As I mentioned a couple times in the past several months, I'm going through some things at the moment and keeping a journal has always helped me keep my head sane. Or as sane as I can be. I've gone through various journals, but the quirky Inner Truth Journal: It's Gonna Be Okay (£8.36) is definitely one of my favourites. If you're a quote hoarder like me than this is the one for you. I showed some of my favourite quotes from the journal here if you want a peek. 

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so let me know, what have you been loving lately?  

With Love, 
Daphne x

11 comments