[the face] unsure about this one

8.9.14

If you know me, I'm either all or nothing with my lip colours. Usually. With the exception of two lipsticks, all of the lip companions are bright, bold colours - which was exactly the choices I brought back to Taiwan. Now, while there are people that do wear a bold lip in the modern Asian city, we are rare gems. I remember wearing a red lip one day and I kept getting glanced at on the street and asked out in coffee shops. Lipstick should never be interpreted as an invitation for sleezy hit ons. My mum finally dragged me to the makeup counters to find me a more 'friendly' toned down lip option.

Of course, as always, after buying the first one, I couldn't stop. No, now I have a handful of peachy-nude colours, but there's one I'm still unsure about. I've heard wonders and raves about the Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms and while I wanted to try it, I never found a colour that tickled my fancy. That was until I hopped on the peachy-nude train and picked out the pale peach in Complex. Note the adjective I used for the colour description - pale. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to these peachy colours, but I'm still on the fence about this one. That said, I'm looking at these photos and they don't look half bad? What do you think? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

Extra: I don't know when the shutter clicked to capture this moment but it's hilarious so here: 

26 comments