[The Review] Strawberry Hand Caddy (aka hand pamper!)

4.12.13

Christmas is coming! There isn't anything about this season that I don't love...well, except for buying gifts. It's not that I don't like giving presents to people, it's just that I never know what's the best thing to get them. For example, a couple weeks ago, it was one of the flatmates' birthday and I asked him what he would like for a present. After countless drillings, he finally shrugged and said, "I don't know. Something simple like a ticket to a sports event?" Little did he know that this "something simple" sent me down a spiral of questions: did I get him tickets to a good game but had crappy seats, or a less exciting game but with amazing seats? And even if I knew which of the two options I'd go for, how would I know which side of the field he'd like to sit and would he like to go for a midweek game or a weekend game? 
Well, you get the gist. So while I'm dazzled by all the gift sets that all look amazing, I'm usually spending hours perplexed over what to get for whom. 
Usually when I pick out presents for people, unless I'm intentionally trying to poke fun at someone, the gifts I choose are going to be practical. I don't want to give someone a gift that'll just take up space and they'll never use. So when the Strawberry Hand Caddy* (link) popped onto my radar, I knew that this was going to be on the shortlist for gift options. While I like to pamper myself every now and then, more often than not, I forget that my hands should be part of the pamper routine. Complete with a hand scrub, hand wash, hand cream, nail brush, and even gardening gloves, this set has everything you need to give your hard working hands the ultimate pamper while immersed in the yummy scent of these summer berries. I've always been wry on strawberry scents, chalk it up to the horrible memories of strawberry flavored cough syrups from when I was a kid. It's such a popular scent that 8 out of 10 times, it smells artificial to a headache-initiating level. But even before I peeled away all the bubble wrap, I knew this was going to be a scent that I would keep sniffing over and over again. I shamelessly have to say that I'm pretty sure my hygiene levels have skyrocketed since placing the hand wash on the sink counter. Not to say that I didn't wash my hands before, but now I'll wash my hands twice. I mean, you can never make sure that you washed properly the first time.
And to even excite the practical-character in me even more, not only is the caddy so darn cute, it's also the perfect size for me to store the bedside essentials and a couple of most used nail polishes. Talk about making the most of a gift set! 

*sample provided for PR purpose 

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments