The Late Night Lazy Skincare

18.12.13

I'm not a person for coming home late. In short, I have a very happy inner grandma when it comes to the night life. That said, I've been getting home past midnight the past several days, you'll probably know why if you're following me on twitter. But those of you that don't, look forward to it on this weekend's The Update. Anyway. I'm already tired when I get home and all I want to do is change and curl up, rather than spend long minutes on my skincare. So I've devised up a rather quick late night lazy skincare that I thought I'd share. 
[Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make-Up Remover | Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer]

I'm usually a night shower person, but I tend to procrastinate showering till the next morning if I come home after the hour Cinderella's magic dress disappears. With that said, I also can't be bothered to do the whole skincare routine that involves half a dozen products (read that here). I've cut things down to the most important three steps. Well, two. To start things off, I remove all my eye makeup with the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make-Up Remover. It's one of those fancy two part solutions that you need to really shake up before you use it. I've heard that it's a pretty good dupe for the infamous Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover, I haven't used that one yet so I'm not sure. However, this Garnier one does remove all my waterproof mascara in an instant. 
Next, because I'm lazy and tired. I tend to wash away all the face makeup and the remover residue with my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. While I'm sure that it doesn't remove every speck of foundation when compared to me using a remover and a cleanser, I know that this will remove the majority of things and leave my skin relatively happy till the next morning. After stripping away all the product, I skip all the serums and toners and jump straight to the Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer. With my skin relatively okay, I change into my jammies, brush my teeth and say goodnight to the world. Rescue skincare? That's for after a night's sleep. 

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments