august favourites 2015.

4.9.15

For once, it didn't seem like the month flew by. Stuck in the library basement, drowning myself in coffee while researching and writing about death is something that I'm almost sad to say goodbye to. It's nice to finally put the last edit on my dissertation and print it out, but at the same time, I'm really going to miss the research and writing as I genuinely enjoyed it. I know, we've already established I'm a nerd yonks ago. 

Anyway, makeup has not been top of my agenda the past month. I've mainly been sticking to a 10-minute routine as I've rationed most of my morning prep time to spend on the six snooze buttons. The fail-proof makeup routine I've had included some solid favourites, and a newish hype I finally caved in to. 
Most days I've just been layering on concealer under my eyes like it's no one's business and calling it done with my base makeup. One of the concealers that I've been religiously using is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49). I finally got around to repurchasing this and I didn't even realise how much I missed it until I had it back in my life again. I am unable to conceal the dark pits I have under my eyes with this concealer alone, but layered over other picks, this one does a great job at brightening up the under eye area. 

For someone that's living on a pretty crappy diet of coffee and bananas, with sugar thrown in here and there, my skin has been pretty good, allowing me to forego foundation most days and not have to spend ages pinpoint concealing my spots. That said, on days when I do want a more evened base, the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation (£7.99) has been treating me right. I finally gave into this hype and so far, I quite like it. I'll prepare a review on this in the near future so not going into too much detail, this is a foundation to keep on your radar if you're looking for a long-lasting matte foundation.  

Brows are an essential for me. I've been sticking to the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow and Benefit Gimme Brow (£18.50) combo. The triangle shape of the Etude House brow pencil makes it really quick and easy to fill in my brows, even when I'm short on time. The colour of this is also on point as well, a perfect ashy brown that looks like I have natural full brows. Combined with the Benefit Gimme Brow that adds some fluffiness to my eyebrows enhances the 'they're not real but my brows look totally real' look that allows me to wear a full brow even when I'm only wearing mascara and concealer. 

Last but not least, highlighting is something that I have been completely smitten with lately. I've fallen back in love with the Milani Luminoso Baked Blush (€7.16) since digging it out again. The beautiful sheen adds a subtle beautiful glow as I've been looking seriously torpid most days, but also can't be bothered to go all out with my highlighting glow for the library. The colour is also perfect. I had forgotten how beautiful this peachy pink blush was, I'm glad I tossed this into my makeup rotation when I did my huge clearout a while back. The Collection Gorgeous Glow Palette (£2.99) in Brick Bronze has been my love for the month. I did a mini review of it here. But in a nutshell, this drugstore highlighter is now one of my favourite makeup items. 
The next month is going to be a pretty busy one, but at the same time, with my dissertation done, I suddenly have all this free time on my hands and I don't know what to do with myself? I should probably learn how to adult and start looking for a job...*sighs* What have you been loving the past month? 
 
With Love, 
Daphne x

18 comments