50 shades of...well.

11.9.15

I'm sure this is true to a lot of makeup hoarders out there - you go and buy a new lipstick/eyeshadow, only to go home and realise you own a collection of the same shade. Sure, there are different finishes, packaging and so forth; but at the same time, you feel guilty for spending an accumulated amount of money on colours that look the same to any sane person. I was sorting through my lipstick collection some time back and well, it's clear that I gravitate towards certain colours. 


the midtone pinks: I showed three of the midtoned pinks that I've been smitten with in this post. Ever since I've been conscious how many of these mid-range, warm pinks I own. I just love this hue as it's one that I know will work for me, no matter if I'm in need of a perk or if I am already feeling pretty spunky and want to reflect that in my makeup. It's also sassy and chic at the same time, depending on what you pair it with. Definitely a shade range that I can't get enough of. 
My picks: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Grace, No7 Moisture Drench Match Perfection in Rosy Ribbon. 


the bright reds: Everyone has their favourite red lipstick, in my case, all of them fall under the bright red, usually with a slight warm undertone. I've tried deeper reds but they just don't suit my complexion or personality. For the moment. This might change in the future, but for the time being, I'm completely smitten with the bright warm reds. 
My picks: NARS Dragon Girl, Marc Jacobs Oh Miley!, Catrice Red Side Story.


the pink corals: Ah corals, how could I do one of these posts and not include my first real makeup love. I started out with coral lipsticks and fast forward three years, I'm still utterly smitten with this shade. Corals are my favourite, as depending on the shade, can range from subtle daily wear to a bright, bold lip. Plus, they're a shade that I think is great for when you're in your 20s as it's still a young hue, but has a hint of sophistication. 
My picks: MAC Crosswires, L'Oreal VIP


I'm trying to venture out into some new shade ranges, but at the same time, I am very happy with my current lipstick collection and probably shouldn't be expanding any time soon....Oh the dilemma! What are the certain shades that you tend to gravitate towards? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

14 comments