top drugstore finds of 2015.

4.5.15

One of the best things about blogging is that you get to make equally socially awkward friends from around the world. Blogging from Behind the Frames, Sheri and I have a torrent love affair that withstands the distance between us. We decided to join forces and show you guys our best beauty finds of 2015 - there's also the high-end edition over on Sheri's blog that you can find here

So enough of that, let's get onto the products, shall we? 

Daphne's top drugstore finds of 2015 (...so far)

Seventeen Stay Time Concealer: After being disappointed countless times, I had long given up on trying to find a drugstore concealer that lives up to full coverage, long-wear claims and doesn't cake up like adding water to flour. But I'm glad I picked up this concealer on a whim as this ticks all the boxes. The only thing that would be an expected let down at the £4.49 price point is the horrid shade range - with three shades, this is a great concealer if you have really fair to light-medium skin. For me, this isn't one that I'll be able to use come summer, but till I get a tan, I'm continuing my love affair. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: This year is just full of surprises - I'm not a big fan of Maybelline mascaras. So I surprised myself when I was intrigued with the launch of their newest offering. While I still need to curl my lashes as I have pretty straight lashes, this mascara is one of the best curl-holding ones I've tried. It only takes one coat to achieve that underrated daytime drama flair that I love. 

No7 Match Made Moisture Drench Lipstick: 2015 is the year of lipsticks - I dread even listing all the lip products I've bought in the past five months. While I've been happy with most of my purchases, this was the line that stood out like a three-headed-pink-polka-dotted-alien in a room full of chairs. In a good way. First thing you should know about me, I love a low-maintenance bright lip that's not glossy. As low maintenance and bright aren't usually two words that go hand in hand when it comes to lipsticks, it takes a lot to wow me. But this line not only ticks all the boxes while being extremely comfortable to wear, also has an impressive 29 shades. This line has definitely launched itself to one of my favourite lipstick formulas and I'm itching to get my hands on more shades. 

Sheri's top drugstore finds of 2015 (...so far)

Revlon Lash Potion: Doesn't this mascara just scream MAGICAL? It really is, and is awesome at giving my lashes some oomph and volume. As someone blessed/cursed with monolids (take it however you want), it takes a very powerful mascara to keep my tiny lashes standing and this does that without major smudging. 

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt: Okay, is it just me or is the word 'Yoghurt' like the weirdest thing ever?? No seriously, just stare at it and read it about 10 times. Yeah, thought so. Anyway, do people remember when these NYX Jumbo Pencils were all the rage back in the day? I personally had an obsession with the shade 'Milk' and now I'm in love with 'Yoghurt'. It's just the perfect champagne-pinky shade to use alone over the lid. Add some eyeliner and BAM you're ready for the catwalk. (Just kidding, but it's seriously nice.)

Maybelline Color Elixir in Signature Scarlet:  I finally understand the hype around the Color Elixirs. They're moisturizing, glossy and make your lips look OH SO JUICY. 'Signature Scarlet' is one of my easiest and wearable reds and because it's sheer, I feel like it's somewhat acceptable to wear it out even to do grocery shopping. (No one's gonna be wondering "is this girl going to a wedding or a chinese new year dinner or something?") Only thing is, it starts to wear off after 2 hours but that's to be expected.


Have you been drugstore shopping in the past several months? What have been your best finds so far? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

20 comments