that lisa eldridge pinpoint concealing

22.5.15

Concealer is always a good friend. It took me a long time to realize that full coverage foundation was not the answer to covering up spotty skin and uneven pigmentation. After learning that lighter bases paired with full coverage concealer is the way to go, it took me a lot of tries before finally getting to grips with the Lisa Eldridge technique of pinpoint concealing.  

After watching her detailed video on how to pinpoint conceal, I decided to put theory to practice. While I'm still putting off buying the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer, the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer (£21) is still a heavy weight arsenal that's pulling more than it's own weight. I squeeze a tiny bit of this on the back of my hand before using the Zoeva Classic Liner Brush (£5.95) to pick up a tiny bit of product and well, basically, play 'locate the red dots'. I tend to mark out 3-4 spots before going in with the Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer Brush (£6.95) to gently buff the edges. I find that using a brush provides better coverage than going in with fingers as the 'more natural' method tends to take away some of the product. 

While I'm not using this method on a daily basis, I'm using it more frequently than I thought I would. I had thought this would take up a huge chunk of time, but it's less time consuming than one would think in actuality. Plus, I find that taking an extra 5 minutes to go through pinpoint concealing process really helps me calm down and not stress too much on the day ahead. Does that sound silly? Maybe. But it works for me. 
With Love, 
Daphne x

25 comments