april favourites 2015.

30.4.15

This month is almost colour themed! Darn that bottle of perfume for not being a shade of coral. But April was a month that was equally relaxed and stressed - I'm glad to have had a short break away from London and a good amount of gorgeous sunny days even when I came back. But alas, break isn't without work and my desk and the floor around it is already buried in papers that I've stacked up for exam revision...but enough with that, let's get to the main point of this post and talk about makeup.


Let's start with the product that was also in my April Favourites from last year, Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop (£16.50) has made it back into rotation. The cream to powder formula is flawless, the colour is spot on and the whole design of this thing is absolutely flawless. I definitely don't need any more blushes, but let's just say that I've already added a few more shades from this line onto my wishlist.

April has been a very lipstick month. I might have accidentally added several new lip products into my ever-growing collection...I am definitely on a lipstick ban from now on. I wasn't convinced when the NARS Audacious Lipsticks (£24) all those months back. Sure, people were saying that it was their favourite lipstick formula, but let's be real, new launches are always hyped, especially if it's NARS. But my skepticism didn't stop me from swatching the overwhelming 40 shades every time I passed a NARS counter. I had probably swatched Grace approximately 23 times over the course of 6 months before I bought it. A gorgeous coral shade that isn't too bright, this has been the lipstick that I've been wearing 50% of the month.

The other 50% was dedicated to No7 Match Made Moisture Drench Lipstick in Rosy Ribbon (£9.95). No7 is one of the weirdest marketed brands of all time, like Benefit, their target audience perplexes me. I feel like it's almost pushed in your face as it's right there in every.single.Boots. They give out so many vouchers, it almost cheapens the brand. But then, there are always dedicated sales people at the stands in the larger Boots? It's a very contradictory, confusing branding method. *end rant* But I'm glad that I finally got over my complex and checked out the brand as this line, is hands down, one of my favourite formulas ever. Not only are there a bajillion colours to choose from (just a slight exaggeration there), but because of their weird contradictory branding, you can almost always find these on sale. Rosy Ribbon is a deeper coral shade that's fully opaque with one swipe and wears extremely well. It's one of those I can drink from a pristine white mug and not leave a stain behind lipsticks - aka my favourite.

Last but not least, I've been switching up my fragrance to match the sunnier days we're getting here in London. Versace Versense EDT (£34.50/30ml) holds a special place in my heart as it was a my flight is delayed, let's buy things in duty free purchase from my trip to Sardinia last year. It's a fresh this is what fresh grass and baby deers smell like scent, y'know what I mean? There is a reason I never talk about fragrance on this blog, m'kay?


Also, I know, I know, I know, I've been more or less absent the past month. I think I've forgotten how to blog???? Unfortunately, unless some miracle happens, this might be the case for the next several months. I'm aiming to have at least a post each week and fingers crossed I can get my life organized enough to reach that claim. I'll try my best.

But yeah, what have you been loving the past month? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

23 comments