april favourites 2016.

5.5.16

Well, there goes another month. I've been pretty quiet on the blog front the past month - things have been quite busy with life lately and it just seems that I've lost a bit of my blogging mojo. I'm trying to find it back, so leave me comments on any kind of posts you want to read for inspiration. But all in all, April was quite the busy month. The weather has been wonky in Taipei, with it pouring like the island is about to drown one minute before burning up like the oven on the highest heat the next. It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure. Which also means that I've been swapping my makeup bag contents in trying to keep up with the weather. 

I'm not going to lie, I was intrigued by the NARS Matte Skin Tint when it launched a while back. But I resisted the urge and dug out the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint instead. I've been all about dewy bases the past couple of seasons and completely forgot how much I loved this grey tube of wonderfulness. While it's not as dewy as the bases I've been favouring, it's still 'glowy' in the sense that it looks like real skin and works perfectly when the temperature starts hitting the high 20s/low 30s (celsius - just in case you're from the one country that doesn't use the metric system). The stay time of this base is insanely good. It's great at oil controlling, and this sounds insane, but I'm convinced that this base somehow, mixes with the oils and makes it look even better than when first applied. I know, I know, it sounds insane, but it's true???? 

But I've still been adding some glow back into the face with Milani Luminoso. An old favourite that I can't believe I forgot about, this peachy pink blush is perfect for the spring/summer. True to the name, this is a blush that just adds enough glow to look as close to divinity as humans can get. 

Even though it seems like we're headed straight into summer, I've been trying to create some sense of 'spring' through my makeup. The Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist Palette has pretty much been the only eyeshadow palette I've used the whole month. I love the toned down purples and the subtle shimmer gold-bamboo shade in the palette. These eyeshadows are insanely pigmented and the shades are all so sophisticated and maintain quite neutral while adding some colour. 

The last makeup product that I've really been enjoying the past month has been the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner. I've had this little one for almost two years now and it doesn't show any sign of drying up. Granted, I probably forgot about this for a year, but despite it, the colour is still inky black and performs insanely well. This is definitely one of my favourite products for when I want to achieve a (relatively) equal sharp cat eye look as it stays all day and is easy to use. 

One of the main reasons I've been distracted from blogging, other than the insane amount of things that just never seem to stop, is I've picked up a new hobby. As much as I love technology, I'm still more of a pen to paper kinda person. Physically writing something down just makes it feel more real. Modern calligraphy is a field that I've been standing on the outside looking in for years, I never knew where to start and it all just seemed a bit farfetched. But luckily, I have a friend that's really into fountain pens, and from there, I got the start I needed. I've been practicing for just under two months so I'm still trying to get the hang of things. But if you're interested, I did open up a second instagram account to document my handlettering process. 

With an average temperature of 28 degrees, May has welcomed Summer onto this island. April was a busy month and I don't think May will be any less hectic. But, it's also my birthday month and I'll be quite happy to finally spend my birthday with family for the first time in 4 years. Also Jenn's visiting Taipei in a couple of weeks so hurrah! How was your April and what were some of your favourites? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments