an actual five minute face.

7.1.16

I love spending time on my makeup, but there are days when I just can't be fussed and want a quick makeup look that I can throw on and leave the house within 5 minutes. There are a lot of 'five minute' makeup looks that can probably actually be achieved within the time frame by the person that posted it - but let's face it, not everyone moves that fast and can do the whole blending a thick foundation and some light contouring when you're running low on time and still haven't had that cup of coffee. 

The base is always the most important thing. Some people can work quickly with a thicker, full coverage base but me? I like to opt for a light do it all base and it's no surprise that my pick would be the NARS Tinted Moisturiser (£29). This can double up as a moisturiser on the days when I'm really skimping for time. It's quick to blend with a fluffy brush (I like using the Real Techniques Multitask Brush) and evens out the skintone. The fact that it comes with SPF is just a plus. 

Some people are lucky enough to not have dark pits of hell under their eyes but I'm not that person. Concealer for me is a must - usually opting for my usual combination of the Bobbi Brown Corrector (£19) and a brightening concealer, such as the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49). 

 A powder that I can ensure will lock in my base makeup for long hours is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (£8.99) - it's great as I can be excessive and quite liberal with it in the morning, literally cramming my brush into the powder and still not resulting in a caked up finish. Plus, it adds that little bit of extra coverage that's always good. 

If I only had thirty seconds to do my makeup, the one step I'd opt for would be my brows. Defined brows just makes you look a lot more put together than one actually feels. I like opting for a pencil like the Etude House Drawing Brow Pencil as it has a wide nib that saves a lot of time when it comes to filling those hair caterpillars in. 

Eye makeup is usually put on the backburner when it comes to quick and simple makeup. However, I still reach for a brown eyeliner on these days with my weapon of choice being the banila co Triple Wonder Auto Gel Liner these days. My eyes are quite round and I like using a thin line on the outer half of my top lash line and the outer third of my bottom lash line to elongate my eyes just a bit. This takes 30 seconds at most. Then it's a quick eyelash curling followed up with several quick coatings of mascara, such as the Essence Lash Princess Mascara ($4.99), to add some definition and drama to complete the eye look. 

Last but not least, depending on where I'm going that day or my mood, the lip colour can range anywhere between a lip balm, natural lipstick, or a BAM IN YOUR FACE bold lipstick. The look is a simple blank canvas that can easily be dressed up or down or not at all depending on the situation. 

I love playing with makeup, but there are days when I just can't anymore. Whether it's because I hit the snooze button a couple too many times or days when I just can't be bothered to put in any effort and have to look semi-presentable, a quick five minute makeup look is something that I can count on to get the job done. Do you have a five minute makeup routine down? What are some of the products that you tend to reach for? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments