november favourites 2015.

4.12.15

The past month has been a transition phase - easing back into a whole different culture, learning how to move back home, figuring out how to take things from here. It's been a weird ride and I'm not going to lie and say that it was all fun and no pain. But it's something that I had to go through and learn from.

Moving onto something lighter, I'm also in my makeup transitioning phase as it's been a crazy bipolar weather change. It was brisk and chilly when I left London, and let's just say that Taiwan had a 'cold front' of 16 degrees Celsius, which was a nice change from the average 28 degrees. It's a warm autumn - no, scratch that. I'm hesitating to even call it autumn. I've switched back to my beloved NARS Tinted Moisturiser (£29) (review) for a quick everyday lightweight base that'll hold up to the heat and hold it's ground against the blazing sun with SPF30.

I wrote of my first impressions on the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer (£17.50) and I'm happy to report back that it's good enough to have made it into my monthly favourites. This is everything I had hoped the NARS Creamy Concealer would be, except at a lower price. It's medium to full coverage, liquidy and won't dry out my under eye area. Plus, my favourite thing about this is the applicator. I don't think I've ever come across a applicator as soft and flexible as this one before. It's almost like the applicator is softly caressing my under eye area when I apply the product. Nope, it's definitely not as weird as I made it sound. 

I've gone back to using my Urban Decay Naked Basics (£23) for a quick and simple eye look. I mix together Naked 2 and Faint for a subtle crease definition while sometimes adding a touch of Foxy and Venus all over the lid if I'm feeling particularly fancy. I'll also like using Naked 2 as a contour shade if I decide it's going to be a wild 'buying coffee' errand run. I live an exciting life. 

I have my usual monthly lip product round up - but some of you sharp eyes might have realised something's different. I haven't been reaching for my brights as frequent in the past month - or rather, I should say, when I do, it's either MAC All Fired Up or Flat Out Fabulous, which both made it into last month's favourites. But back to present day, I've been reaching for more neutral shades in the past month as things have been generally quite low maintenance. MAC Faux (15.50), a mauvey pink with slight grey undertones, has been my most used lip colour the past month. I recently did a whole post on my MAC lipstick collection where you can find a more detailed review and swatches of said colour. 

Another neutral shade, but this time more beige, that I've been loving the past month has been the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick (£5.49) in 03 (swatch here). I'm still on the fence about the scent, but I really can't fault the formula of these lipsticks. It's an easy to wear pale neutral shade with hints of peach to make it wearable. 

Last but not least, another neutral, easy to wear shade that I've been quite enjoying is the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick ($2.75) in Rose Bud (swatch). A little more brighter than the previous mentioned, this rosey pink is a matte lipstick that makes a low-key statement. One of my favourite formulas, this one will easily last a good 5-6 hours with constant coffee breaks and light snacking. 

I'm looking at the roundup of my favourites from the past month and it's quite interesting. On one hand, none of these products are really all that surprising, but on the other hand, it's quite unusual that there's practically no colour in the selection. It's been quite the monochrome month, I suppose. What are your monthly favourites?  
With Love, 
Daphne x

Where to buy in Taiwan: Sogo Department Stores (MAC + NARS), Beauty Bay (Urban Decay), Beauty Joint (Wet N Wild), lookfantastic.com (Rimmel)

0 comments