most used eyeshadow brushes.

1.12.15

Beauty tools aren't things I talk about often on the blog, mainly because I'm fairly predictable when it comes to application tools. I've been using the same eye brushes since I started by eyeshadow adventure all those years ago. 

This first one should not come as a surprise to anyone. The MAC 217 (£20) is a brush that changed my eyeshadow application game. It's also one that I recommend to people over and over again, no matter if they're newbies or already have the basics down. At £20, this isn't the cheapest brush to go for, but it's definitely worth the investment. This is dense enough to apply colour, but also fluffy enough to blend it out. The white bristles are also a great reminder of when you should do brush laundry. All in all, definitely the one brush that you need when it comes to applying eyeshadow. 

Lately, I've been opting the MAC 224 (£23) over the previous offering though. Designed as a blending brush, I've been using this to apply a soft crease colour to add subtle definition. A lot fluffier and less dense than the 217, it's harder to apply colour with this brush, which makes it easy when you only want a hint of crease colour. 

I've only recently come across the Ebelin Blending Brush, but this German drugstore blending brush has quickly become a favourite. The softest brushes that I've ever come across, this blending brush is the best offering to blend and soften the coloured edges. It's not weird that I sometimes end up caressing this brush just because it feels like I'm petting the kitten I don't have. 

Last but not least, the Sigma E30 ($14) is one of my oldest brushes. I need to apply something on my lower lash line whenever I use concealer and mascara as it would otherwise look quite unbalanced, and just weird. I also love using this pencil brush to soften my eyeliner, or even use it to pinpoint apply a crease colour when I want a more dramatic look. It's not a must have brush I would recommend to people starting out their brush collection, but it is one of my favourites. 

I've gone through heavy eyeshadow phases and am now stuck in simple eye shadow looks, but these four brushes have accompanied me through both sides of the spectrum. I'm quite happy with my eye brush collection and have no urge to expand nor switch it up any time soon. What are some of your most used eye brushes? 
 
With Love, 
Daphne x

Where to buy in Taiwan: selected department stores (MAC), sigmabeauty.com (Sigma) 

0 comments